  • Dennis Garrison
    Jun 17, 2008
      I noticed on my wanderings yesterday that there were LOTS of hummers up in the higher elevation meadows feeding on the larkspur.  The mountain vegetation here seems to be about two weeks later than usual, and the flower mix is a bit different than last season.
      I too only see one or two at the house, but I have no previous data for comparison.  I seem to be feeding orioles for the most part.
      I almost stepped on a spotted sandpiper chick yesterday along a mountain stream.  So some things are around and reproducing.  My (well, the roadside) bluebird nest went from 4 eggs to three, need to check on it again in a week or so, should be chicks unless those three eggs are second attempt.

      Dennis Garrison

      Introducing Live Search cashback . It's search that pays you back! Try it Now
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic