2002Least Goldfinch (LEGO) fledglings

  • nic korte
    Oct 15, 2007

      I have LEGOs in and out of my yard, probably every day of the year.  My big sunflower patch has been innundated the past few days with family groups full of crying, begging youngsters.  I contrast this with Larry Arnold's youngsters--fully 3 mos ago.  I believe at that time someone posted that now (fall) was when we should have the young-of-the year around--but possibly LEGOs were nesting earlier or multiple times because of readily accessible food (feeders).  Anyway, some of them still nest late.

      (There have also been a few b.c-chicakdees which are seldom in my yard.)

      Nic Korte