1904Neversink Trail field trip - Aug. 25th

  • Jason Beason
    Aug 27, 2007
      There were an impressive number of warblers of five species (Wilson's, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned and MacGillivray's) found on Saturday's field trip along the Neversink Trail in the Curecanti National Recreation Area in Gunnison County. We spent a lot of time looking throught the little flocks flitting about everywhere trying to find a 6th species but had no luck. Another highlight besides the high number of warblers was a juvenile Northern Saw-whet Owl seen perched along the trail low in an alder. We could see it extremely well through a scope and only about 15 feet away. We also birded around McCabe Wetlands and added a few new species but nothing unusual.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County