1384Re: [wsbn] March 1st Hermit Thrush - Paonia

    Mar 1, 2007

      Good bird, Jason!

      I believe hermit thrushes are over-wintering in western Colorado more often than we could have guessed...   I've been keeping tabs of winter reports and now have 21 records for the period January thru April (cumulative over the last five years).

      Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:01 PM
      Subject: [wsbn] March 1st Hermit Thrush - Paonia

      Just saw a Hermit Thrush along an irrigation ditch on the NW edge of Paonia. I imagine that this bird most likely wintered here? This is a good spot; there were also Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Spotted Towhee, and Yellow-rumped Warbler present. Contact me if you would like to know exact location.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic