      Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 12:11 PM
      Subject: Connected Lakes this morning

      birding is a funny hobby with unpredictable results.

      I went looking for a Bewick's wren and found two Hermit thrushes, along Audubon Trail

      I went looking for a Cinnamon teal and found a Tundra swan, on United Gravel pit pond en route to Connected Lakes

      on the island with Canada geese was a strange looking goose that didn't look like a domestic, nor any goose illustrated in the field guides... perhaps a Canada crossed with something else?  it sort of resembles an oversized blue morph Snow goose, but the bill is all dark.  help!