1261Great Start to New Year

  • Victor Zerbi
    Jan 1, 2007
      Art Dahl and I met this morning to follow up on his Snow Goose and
      possible Crackling Goose sighting a few days ago. We hit the gravel
      pits west of Rifle. No Snow Goose - BUT several smaller geese. We
      hike in and got good looks. One goose stood out with its small size
      and very small triangular bill. After looking at a lot of geese over
      tow or three years, I am now convinced I have finally seen a
      Richarson's Cackling Goose in Garfield County. There may have been
      another Richardson's in the flock but I wasn't sufficiently convinced
      to call it.

      Vic Zerbi