GPS tracking (was Re: Lost drop bag)

  • Stan Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2000
      "Ziesing, Hunter S" wrote:

      > i second that chuck--website was really cool, by the way, some GPS
      > companies are working on micro transceivers that we we could attach
      > to runners. If anyone on this disty list knows companies working on
      > this please email me.

      In 1996 (while still working at SGI), I approached Trimble Navigation
      and offered to carry one of their GPS units during WS so that I could be
      "tracked" in 3D as I ran the course, much like they were tracking the
      yachts during the Americas Cup. They said that the steep canyons made it
      impractical, so unless the technology for transmitting a users location
      has improved, I don't think this would work.

      > ps just how many people are on this egroup?

      The eGroups page says that there are currently 47 people on the list.

      Stan
      --
      Stan Jensen, P.O. Box 3426, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019-3426
      http://www.Run100s.com/ mailto:StanJ@...