Re: [ws100] Hot weather running at WS100 this year

  • Jim Winne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2000
      On 15 Jun 00, at 13:40, Stan Jensen wrote:

      It will be hot in the canyons. The only question is will it be 110 or
      "only" 90. Listen to Stan, he knows of what he speaks. There will be
      several items for sale at Squaw that you might want to check out. The
      Ice Cap, which I haven't used but those that have it swear by it and
      the Cool Off Bandanna which I do have. It has a foam center which
      holds water much longer than a regular bandanna. Another item that I
      recommend, especially if you have a crew who can exchange them,
      are bandannas sold by REI I think among others, that have gel pellets
      sewn into it. You soak it in ice water for awhile and the pellets absorb
      the water and expand. My experience is they stay cold for more than
      an hour and provide very effective cooling.

      Jim "Safety Patrol" Winne