Re: [ws100] Hot weather running at WS100 this year

  • Stan Jensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2000
      Carl,

      Most of the aid stations will have ice for your water bottles and many
      will have sponge buckets so that you can apply cool water to your arms
      and legs. In addition to the advice about drinking a lot (and often), my
      advice is to stay cool (i.e. keep your body temperature low). Stay in
      the shade when possible, use streams to dampen a bandana for your neck,
      and take it easy until the sun goes down.

      Stan
      --
      Stan Jensen, P.O. Box 3426, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019-3426
      http://www.Run100s.com/ mailto:StanJ@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2000
        On 15 Jun 00, at 13:40, Stan Jensen wrote:

        It will be hot in the canyons. The only question is will it be 110 or
        "only" 90. Listen to Stan, he knows of what he speaks. There will be
        several items for sale at Squaw that you might want to check out. The
        Ice Cap, which I haven't used but those that have it swear by it and
        the Cool Off Bandanna which I do have. It has a foam center which
        holds water much longer than a regular bandanna. Another item that I
        recommend, especially if you have a crew who can exchange them,
        are bandannas sold by REI I think among others, that have gel pellets
        sewn into it. You soak it in ice water for awhile and the pellets absorb
        the water and expand. My experience is they stay cold for more than
        an hour and provide very effective cooling.

        Jim "Safety Patrol" Winne