Hot weather running at WS100 this year

  • Carl Pegels
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2000
      Fellow runners: If the current weather in Northern Clifornia continues
      until next week the WS100 run will be a scorcher. Do any of the
      experienced Western Staters have any strategies to deal with the heat,
      especially for those of us from places were it just has not been hot so
      far this year. For instance is there any ice available at the aid
      stations? Even one or two cubes in a waterbottle would help to keep the
      water cool. Hot or lukewarm water does not provide much cooling effect
      on a really hot day.Or do we just grind it out with an obviously high
      attrition rate. In any event I want to do whatever necessary to survive
      in what appears to become a scorcher. Thanks for sharing ideas. Carl
      Pegels