Re: [ws100] (unknown)

  • Bruce Hoff
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2000
      Dale,
      My understanding is that each year there are runners who go to
      Western States to find a "pacing job". They are allowed to sign-in
      at Foresthill and hook up with a "dance partner" (i.e. YOU!) You'd
      have to ask the R.D. what are your chances of getting a pacer this
      way, but I'm sure they're higher the sooner you get to mile 62! :^)
      Enjoy!
      Bruce

      Dale Keen wrote:

      > I AM A FIRST TIMER ENTERED IN THE WESTERN STATES 100. I NEED A PACER. I
      > DON'T LOOK FORWARD TO RUNNING IN THE DARK BY MYSELF, ESPECIALLY AFTER THE
      > POINT WHERE I'M GOING TO BE VERY TIRED TO SAY THE LEAST. DOES ANYONE KNOW
      > OF ANYONE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IF I SHOULD MAKE IT TO THAT POINT WHERE
      > ONE IS NEEDED?
      > DALE KEEN
      > 512-455-6391

    • Bob and Kathy Runyan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2000
        Dale,

        I'd be willing to pace you from Michigan Bluff. Are you taking part in the
        training runs this weekend? If so, let's get together and talk about it.
        Note that I'm new to this course and to ultra running. I'll find out how
        well trained I am this weekend, I guess.

        --
        Bob Runyan
        Reno, NV