Notes on Foresthill

  • Bruce Hoff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2000
      Hi--

      I saw a couple inquires about Foresthill/ WST training camp,
      and thought I'd make a few comments, since I was up there
      running last weekend.
      * There's major road construction on the Foresthill road (the route
      from Auburn to Foresthill). It seemed only to be going on during
      week days, and it's well outside of Foresthill, but it might cause some
      delays for anyone driving on the road Friday, while they're working.
      * It was quite warm last weekend. The high, on the "lower" part
      of the course (bet. Foresthill & Auburn) was at least in the upper
      eighties. But as Chuck Lewis said, you should expect anything,
      including
      rain showers.
      * Re food: If you want to sit down to a fine meal, you can check the
      Foresthouse. If you want fast food, I think you have to drive back to
      Auburn. (Also, we had a great italian meal at Pasquale T's, on Hwy 49
      in
      Auburn Saturday night.) I attended the training camp only once, in '93,

      and remember that the food Norm Klein served up was excellent.
      * On the "ultra list", a local runner said that there's still snow 3 1/2
      miles
      down Foresthill road from Robinson flat (which is the nominal start for
      Saturday's run). Hopefully that means that you'll get to enjoy the
      experience
      of running on snow in May, but it might mean you run out-and-back
      from Foresthill or some other alternate route. Hopefully the organizers

      will chime in to let you know what the plan is.

      Have fun!

      Bruce