First timer in bad shape, need advice

  • hziesing@bofasecurities.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      I am a first timer WS 100 and started training only a week ago (April
      24) because of a ski injury to my calf this winter--pulled muscle.
      People said I was crazy but I trained for a 50k (hilly) last fall in
      only 5 weeks and ran it in 5 hours, then I ran a flat 50 miler a week
      later in just under 9 hours (without injury. I had never run anything
      but a 10k before that.

      Does anyone have any advice other than "Get a Prayer" for the WS-100?
      I started running for again (after the ski injury) for the first time
      in months just last week and did a 4 hour run on Saturday April 30th--
      all hills on the Dipsey trail in California.
      I think I can get up to a 6 hour run by this weekend with some
      stretching and rest.
      I want to go for ithe WS 100 but I am new to this and have no clue.

      Any thoughts?

      Hunter Ziesing--San Francisco CA