Safety runner - need ride to Squaw and a bit of floor to crash on

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
      Hi everyone,
      I will be a volunteer safety runner from the start to Robinson Flat, and am in a bit of logistical bind. My hope is that I'll be able to park my car at Robinson Flat on Friday, and hitch a ride to Squaw Valley, sleep there, and then run back to my car on race day.
      To pull this off, I'm looking for a) a ride from Robinson to Squaw on Friday, and b) a place to sleep Friday night. I don't mind splitting the cost for the hotel, nor do I mind just crashing on the floor.
      A side note - I'll be running the Desert RATS race next week, so I'll be out of communication between June 11-19, so please excuse any lack of reply from me during that time.
      Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the race!!
      Mike
    • Ken Crouse
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
        Mike - Sent off-line e-mail response to your e-mail account .. Thanks, Ken

      • Chihping Fu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
          Here is another way. A few years ago, a friend of mine who would run with me as
          a pair of safety runners arrived at Robinson Flat the day before and had his car
          parked there. He ran back on the WS100 course and arrived at Squaw Valley before
          sunset. He had a room booked for a good sleep before our safety runner job next
          morning.

          Chihping

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
            Chihping,
            Well...that would be a way to go! I don't think I'd be able to pull it off though, for a number of reasons.

            Thanks to those who have mailed me - and I've gotten the message that parking at Foresthill is a much better idea than parking at Robinson, so that's my new plan.

            I'm still looking for a ride eastward on Friday if someone has room.

            Thanks everyone!!
            Mike