Crew Planning Help

  • Brad
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
      Howdy All,

      I was hoping someone with experience crewing could lend some advice as my crew/pacer & I put together his schedule. Right now am hoping the following will be workable:
      -See the start at Squaw
      -Meet at Duncan Canyon
      -Meet at Dusty Corners
      -Meet at Michigan Bluff
      -Long term parking at Foresthill where he'll join me as pacer for the rest of the way.

      Don't want to overtax him or cause undue stress due to poor schedule planning, so any input on how easy these transitions would be for is greatly appreciated!

      Thanks & God Bless,
      Brad
    • Patrick McCartney
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
        If he is going to pace from Foresthill, I would recommend him just meeting you at the start and at Michigan Bluff. The others are hard to get to and will leave him taxed to get you through the night.

        On Jun 7, 2011, at 12:02 PM, "Brad" <bishopbr@...> wrote:

        > Howdy All,
        >
        > I was hoping someone with experience crewing could lend some advice as my crew/pacer & I put together his schedule. Right now am hoping the following will be workable:
        > -See the start at Squaw
        > -Meet at Duncan Canyon
        > -Meet at Dusty Corners
        > -Meet at Michigan Bluff
        > -Long term parking at Foresthill where he'll join me as pacer for the rest of the way.
        >
        > Don't want to overtax him or cause undue stress due to poor schedule planning, so any input on how easy these transitions would be for is greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Thanks & God Bless,
        > Brad

      • Ron Farkash
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
          How will you retrieve the car from foresthill?  I'm asking because my plans are similar, and trying to figure out if I need to find a volunteer to drive the car, or easier to come back from the finish to get the car then head to Sacremento airport.
          Thanks
          Ron

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
            good plan. only possible stretch is DC to MB but you'd really need to be flying and/or he got miserably lost. otherwise, good luck and enjoy the journey - don't forget to stop at a few key spots to absorb the phenominal scenery. Have fun. --Diesel