Training Run Changed - Saturday

  • per683468
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 10:11 AM
      Does anyone know where the run will be on Saturday. The email update says "The alternate course will run from the top of Driver's Flat Road to Foresthill (Cal Street in reverse), then on to Michigan Bluff. The runners will turn around at Michigan Bluff and return to Foresthill for the finish. Total distance 30.6 miles"

      On the WS 100 guidebook cutoff chart, there is only 6 miles between Michigan Bluff and Foresthill. Do it twice, that's 12 miles. Where is the other 18 miles on "Driver's Flat Road".

      I am from the East Coast, so I am not familiar with the area.
    • Franz Dill
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25 10:32 AM
        This is the mileage breakdown:

        From Driver's Flat to Rucky Chucky Near it is ~ 2 miles.
        From Rucky Chucky Near to MB it is 22.3 miles.
        From MB to Foresthill it is 6.3 miles.

        That comes out to around 30.6 miles.

        On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM, per683468 <per683468@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where the run will be on Saturday. The email update says
        > "The alternate course will run from the top of Driver's Flat Road to
        > Foresthill (Cal Street in reverse), then on to Michigan Bluff. The runners
        > will turn around at Michigan Bluff and return to Foresthill for the finish.
        > Total distance 30.6 miles"
        >
        > On the WS 100 guidebook cutoff chart, there is only 6 miles between
        > Michigan Bluff and Foresthill. Do it twice, that's 12 miles. Where is the
        > other 18 miles on "Driver's Flat Road".
        >
        > I am from the East Coast, so I am not familiar with the area.

      • Henry Bickerstaff
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25 1:03 PM
          Don't forget that the 22.3 miles is generally up hill. It is still going to
          be challenging without the big canyons.

          Henry Bickerstaff

          > Does anyone know where the run will be on Saturday. The email update says
          > "The alternate course will run from the top of Driver's Flat Road to
          > Foresthill (Cal Street in reverse), then on to Michigan Bluff. The runners
          > will turn around at Michigan Bluff and return to Foresthill for the
          finish.
          > Total distance 30.6 miles"
          >
          > On the WS 100 guidebook cutoff chart, there is only 6 miles between
          > Michigan Bluff and Foresthill. Do it twice, that's 12 miles. Where is the
          > other 18 miles on "Driver's Flat Road".
          >
          > I am from the East Coast, so I am not familiar with the area.

          Groups Links