Weather for trainig camp this weekend

  • nfsjunk@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2011
      I am going to be at the training camp all three days this weekend, and I'm trying to pack. Can anybody offer any advice about what sort of weather we might experience? I know about the snow, but I don't know about what type of temperature differentials we might go through and I don't want to be underprepared.
      Thanks!
      Nate
    • cperillo@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2011
        Nate
        They just posted due to snow above the course for first day will be a repeat out n back over areas usually covered on sunday so you won't see snow and it looks like partly cloudy and in the 70s for w/e and the Cal loop can get a bit humid. Nothing like the heat you'll get by race day! Shorts and drifit short sleeve will do fine.
        Chris
        Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2011
          Highs of 70-75 in Foresthill and Auburn area, lows of 50 or so overnight.

          So I'm flying in from Alabama for the camp, just heard that we are NOT going to be able to run the canyons? Alternate is back thru Foresthill to Michigan Bluff and return. Anyone interested in tacking on a little extra and heading down to El Dorado Ck and back? I mean, prime reason I roll to the camp is to work the big climbs (not quite something you can replicate here in N. Alabama).

          Josh Kennedy
          Huntsville, AL

          --- In ws100@yahoogroups.com, nfsjunk@... wrote:

          > I am going to be at the training camp all three days this weekend, and I'm trying to pack. Can anybody offer any advice about what sort of weather we might experience? I know about the snow, but I don't know about what type of temperature differentials we might go through and I don't want to be underprepared.
          > Thanks!
          > Nate

        • bowcrowley
          Message 4 of 5 , May 26, 2011
            Josh,
            I'm a local and run the WSER every weekend (I know, lucky dog). To avoid the crowds and if you want some quad busting canyons, well we're running MB thru Devil's Thumb to Last Chance and back (26 miles) - a little training we like to call "4xHell" 'cause we get to go up and down the two toughest canyons twice. I'll be driving thru FH on my way to park at MB if you need a ride. We're planning a 7am start if you'd like to join us. best to email me at imbc@.... Bob C.

            --- In ws100@yahoogroups.com, "kennedy_josh" <kennedy_josh@...> wrote:

            > Highs of 70-75 in Foresthill and Auburn area, lows of 50 or so overnight.
            >
            > So I'm flying in from Alabama for the camp, just heard that we are NOT going to be able to run the canyons? Alternate is back thru Foresthill to Michigan Bluff and return. Anyone interested in tacking on a little extra and heading down to El Dorado Ck and back? I mean, prime reason I roll to the camp is to work the big climbs (not quite something you can replicate here in N. Alabama).
            >
            > Josh Kennedy
            > Huntsville, AL
            >
            > --- In ws100@yahoogroups.com, nfsjunk@ wrote:
            > >
            > > I am going to be at the training camp all three days this weekend, and I'm trying to pack. Can anybody offer any advice about what sort of weather we might experience? I know about the snow, but I don't know about what type of temperature differentials we might go through and I don't want to be underprepared.
            > > Thanks!
            > > Nate

          • guambrocha
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2012
              Josh,
              can I join you for the wser trail runs, i wont be able to go to the trainings and i am looking for a way to run those canyons.

              Cheers
              jerry (jerry.d.coop@...