Pacer Available

  • jsntg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2011
      I am a male runner from San Francisco, CA.

      I am very experienced on mountain trails and wet, rocky, technical terrain. I am also experienced running at night on trails.

      My maximum pace for 30 miles (48 km) is ~8 min / mile (5 min/km) (~ 3,000 feet of gain) I'm ok with pacing from 8 min to 12 min pace average.

      Seeking to pace 30 miles or so or Foresthill to the finish.

      Hugh
      hugh at ob-kc dhat com
    • Joseph Swenson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2011
        Best thing is to show up at Foresthill about 3:30 - 4PM and sign up as a
        volunteer pacer. Volunteers will pace runners coming through on a first
        come first serve basis. Any runner coming through who needs a pacer makes
        the request and the volunteers are tapped to pace in the order they sign up.
        I did that one year - was second in line to pace, and helped a guy from Ohio
        get in under 24 hours.

        If you decide to pace a particular person they may or may not have the kind
        of day you are hoping for or they may even drop. By volunteering you are
        guaranteed a person to pace.

        Just my opinion.

        Cheers,

        Joe