Wristband ID for runners?

  • Jonni
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hey y'all. Just back from volunteering at Tevis, and have a question
      maybe one of you might be able to help. This year we put a wristband on
      each rider, and wrote their entry number on it. In case they were hurt,
      at least we would know "who" they were. Do any runs use wristbands for
      ID, that have more info, such as emergency. phone numbers, allergies,
      full name etc. ?? I know they have machines that can print out a
      computerized wristband for hospital use, but not sure of something more
      portable, to be able to use at an event. Love any ideas y'all might
      have, as we feel that we need to have better ID systems in place on
      rides like Tevis.
      Thanks so much.
      Jonni in TX
    • CoolJudy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        The WS 100 has used wrist band from the beginning. They record
        vital information, including starting weights (losing % of weight is
        a criteria for getting pulled). Only the aid station captain
        can "cut" the band which means the runner is officially
        stopped/pulled. Failure to do so means the runner is DQ in the
        future.

        Judy Rinehimer
        Retired Dusty Corners Aid Station Captain