Squaw Valley/Lake Tahoe camping

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2006
      Hello all,

      I am in the race this year (as long as the doc clears me for my
      achilles) and I was hoping to stay a couple of days before the race
      near the start. My wife and I like to (tent) camp, so I thought this
      area would be great for that; my question is how is camping in that
      area (availability, cost, safety of the area, etc.)? Any information
      will be greatly appreciated (I notice the only other posts are
      concerned with RV parking and they were 5 years ago.)

      Hope to see you all June 24-25!

      Cheers,
      Robert
      Chandler, AZ
    • kristin jossi
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2006
        fabulous camping arrangements at the donner pass campground (i think that's what it's called)... i've camped there as crew/pacer 2 years with other racers... nice showers, good location, easy access to truckee and squaw valley...
        kj