Re: [ws100] Excel file showing all WST split times since 1986

  • John Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      Hey Jeff,
      Thanks a lot for all the work putting the spreadsheet together. I'm still bummed that I didn't get into the run this year, but it was fun looking at the splits anyway. Maybe I can plan for 2004.
      By-the-way, I was wondering if you ever did the California 14'ers last summer?
      John Robinson
      "jeffcollins76 <jeffcollins76@...>" <jeffcollins76@...> wrote:Uploaded an excel file to the Yahoo group showing all runners and
      their split times between aid stations since 1986. Because of snow
      years - hilited in blue, course changes, ... I only took the major
      stations and whatever times were available between stations (eg last
      year there was no split time between recorded at Robinson so the
      Robinson to Last Chance split is not shown.) Someone else probably
      has done this before but I haven't seen it.

      All of the data came from files on the WST site - put together this
      last rainy, winidy weekend in SF Bay Area. The spreadsheet can be
      sorted by time and you can view the fastest splits and looking at the
      last column see if it was a DNF. You can also graph after sorting,
      average the times, etc... Only one "strange" time - 1987 Hi 49 to
      Finish for a Ray V ??

      See how your splits compare to others - or plan for 2003! Good
      luck!

      Jeff Collins

    • John Robinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
        That's too bad that you didn't get a chance to attempt the CA 14'ers thing. I'd be interested in doing that sometime, but I think I'm going to concentrate on Hardrock for next summer now that I didn't get into WS.
        I'm planning on doing Las Trampas as long as Eric has the run, but I haven't talked to him for a couple of months.
        Since I've been sending this to the WS list, I've got a bunch of pictures from last years run. Would anyone be interested if I posted them on my website?
        John
        Jeff Collins <jeffcollins76@...> wrote:
        John
        Sorry to here about WST - but there's plenty to keep you busy.
        Regarding the CA 14'ers - I was all packed on July 10th and received a call from work about big problems. Had to call my partner at 5am and tell him to unpack because I couldn't go. As it turned out - fires in the area kept everyone out for several days. I didn't want to do it after 7/15 because - legally you aren't suppose to be in one of the areas. I saw later on a guy from CA did it in August. A few people of who know the laws mentioned the permit issue but ...
        Thinking about next July but may run Vermont.
        Haven't heard from Eric about his Las Trampas yet - are you thinking about doing it?
        Good luck in your runs.
        Jeff