[ws100] Re: TRAINING WEEKEND

  • greg m soderlund
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15 10:01 PM
      Mark --

      I am not sure what you are asking for in your note but I will try to
      answer them.
      The training weekend is an excellent way to experience the last 70 miles
      of the WS course. First timers and old timers attend the training
      weekend. The advice you will get from the other runners will be
      invaluable in helping you complete the WS Run. Everyone is friendly and
      helpful.

      Greg Soderlund, RD Western States Endurance Run
      Way Too Cool 50K, Montrail/Patagonia American River 50
      242 Hartnell Place, Sacramento, CA 95825
      916-638-1161
      Web site: http://www.run100s.com/snu -- E-mail: gsoderlund@...

      On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:23:01 -0800 "Mark Evans" <mevans@...>
      writes:

      >I AM PLANNING ON DOING ALL 3 DAYS OF THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
      >TRAINING
      >RUN.
      >QUESTIONS:
      >1. WHO ELSE IS GOING?
      >2. HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THE TRAINING WEEKEND AND DO THEY HAVE ANY
      >ADVICE
      >REFERENCE THE WEEKEND.
      >
      >MARK

      >Earn extra money at calypso.com by creating your own web store. For a
      >limited time, join calypso.com and receive a FREE calypso whistle.
      >Also learn how you can win up to $25! Click to

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ws100/?m=1

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Lewis, Chuck
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16 7:46 AM
        Mark......
        I second what Greg had to say...... I would even go if I weren't running
        it. It's just a great weekend. Alot of information is exchanged, nice people
        are met, and getting to see part of the course is both invaluable and
        breathtaking - maybe a slight play on words....
        cl

      • Pat Lewis
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17 7:49 PM
          At 2/16/00 07:46 AM, you wrote:
          >Mark......
          > I second what Greg had to say......

          I'll third what Greg said.

          >I would even go if I weren't running
          >it. It's just a great weekend.

          I went last year because I was planning on pacing someone and wanted to see
          the part of the course I would be running. Had such a great time that I'm
          planning on going again this year & I'm not running or pacing at the race.

          If you are tent camping at the site in Forrest Hills bring a good mattress,
          it's a little rocky. And the showers are just a little cold.