Re: [ws100] Digest Number 28

  • nowlinm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      Greetings.

      I am 39. Like everyone else, I hope to be alive and running at age 60. I
      don't understand how extending the race two hours can be deemed favoritism.
      You already have two categories, 24 hr and 30 hr. Is a 32 hr seniors
      category (60+) unfair to sub-60 runners? I don't think so. When I'm 60,
      I'll gladly accept the extra two hours. In fact, I'll probably need it well
      before 60 to finish :) With regard to volunteers and adding additional
      time, both the starting/finishing times could be adjusted to compensate as
      already suggested. With regard to the Western States volunteers and aid
      stations, they are simply the best. I ran Leadville for the second time this
      year, and I'll just say I was spoiled by WS. (The Leadville Hopeless aid
      station is also very good.) Can you blame the 60+ crowd (or anyone else) for
      wanting to have a reasonable chance of finishing this fantastic event?

      Best Regards,
      Mel Nowlin
    • Dale Keen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
        I think that puts it into perspective! I am inclined to agree.

        Dale Keen

        http://profiles.msn.com