[ws100] TRAINING WEEKEND

  • Mark Evans
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2000
      I AM PLANNING ON DOING ALL 3 DAYS OF THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TRAINING
      RUN.
      QUESTIONS:
      1. WHO ELSE IS GOING?
      2. HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THE TRAINING WEEKEND AND DO THEY HAVE ANY
      ADVICE
      REFERENCE THE WEEKEND.

      MARK
    • greg m soderlund
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2000
        Mark --

        I am not sure what you are asking for in your note but I will try to
        answer them.
        The training weekend is an excellent way to experience the last 70 miles
        of the WS course. First timers and old timers attend the training
        weekend. The advice you will get from the other runners will be
        invaluable in helping you complete the WS Run. Everyone is friendly and
        helpful.

        Greg Soderlund, RD Western States Endurance Run
        Way Too Cool 50K, Montrail/Patagonia American River 50
        242 Hartnell Place, Sacramento, CA 95825
        916-638-1161
        Web site: http://www.run100s.com/snu -- E-mail: gsoderlund@...

        On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:23:01 -0800 "Mark Evans" <mevans@...>
        writes:

        >I AM PLANNING ON DOING ALL 3 DAYS OF THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
        >TRAINING
        >RUN.
        >QUESTIONS:
        >1. WHO ELSE IS GOING?
        >2. HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THE TRAINING WEEKEND AND DO THEY HAVE ANY
        >ADVICE
        >REFERENCE THE WEEKEND.
        >
        >MARK

        >Earn extra money at calypso.com by creating your own web store. For a
        >limited time, join calypso.com and receive a FREE calypso whistle.
        >Also learn how you can win up to $25! Click to

        >-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ws100/?m=1

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • Lewis, Chuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2000
          Mark......
          I second what Greg had to say...... I would even go if I weren't running
          it. It's just a great weekend. Alot of information is exchanged, nice people
          are met, and getting to see part of the course is both invaluable and
          breathtaking - maybe a slight play on words....
          cl

        • Pat Lewis
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2000
            At 2/16/00 07:46 AM, you wrote:
            >Mark......
            > I second what Greg had to say......

            I'll third what Greg said.

            >I would even go if I weren't running
            >it. It's just a great weekend.

            I went last year because I was planning on pacing someone and wanted to see
            the part of the course I would be running. Had such a great time that I'm
            planning on going again this year & I'm not running or pacing at the race.

            If you are tent camping at the site in Forrest Hills bring a good mattress,
            it's a little rocky. And the showers are just a little cold.