89RE: [ws100] review of WS100---2000 edition

  • Lewis, Chuck
    Jun 30, 2000
      Carl......
      Here's my take..............
      I attended the awards banquet and heard some fine accolades for those that
      finished..... It's indeed a moment of glory. A moment to show everyone in
      attendance that, I made it. I ran a hundred miles. I conquered The Western
      States 100 Mile Endurance Run, just a fleeting moment.......
      We also have the rest of our lives to personally reflect on these same
      accomplishments..... maybe even all of eternity.
      God created us all a little differently..... but in his own image
      [Sometimes I feel that image was a bit distorted when I was created :)]
      Never the less, we are all equal in a number of ways. Some are more obvious
      than others and a simple example might be that we all have the same number
      of hours in a day.
      While some of us may not be as fast as others, or as lightweight as
      others, or run hills as well as others, or as young as others.............
      We have the been given the opportunity to be equal in a very important
      way..... "Giving"! One might argue that some can give more because they have
      more to give.... fame and fortune. But I don't believe God measures these
      givings in totals...... I believe He measures them in percentages........
      Lets say that I make $100,000 per year and you only make $50,000. I give to
      the church $9,500 per year and you give only $5,000. Some might see it that
      I gave more and $$$-wise that would be true. But.... percentage-wise I only
      gave 9.5%.... you gave 10%.
      I would encourage you take note of what percentage of effort you have
      given and what percentage of sacrifice you have made. You have taken the
      challenge and if you have given your all, you have won. No matter how far
      along the course you may have gotten, take satisfaction in knowing that
      you'll work out the bugs from this year's run and be ready to go again for
      that 30 Hr. mark again next year.
      Wins don't always go to the swiftest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Modifying the
      guidelines to suit your situation, would only make for a cheap win at best.
      God's guidelines apply to everyone.... the fast and the slow..... the young
      and the old. As I understand it Carl, the Lord doesn't discount for Triple
      A members or senior citizenship.
      Good luck next year, Carl! I hope you wake up on the 25th of June 2001
      with a buckle in your hand!
      If you need a pacer, give me a call. 760-375-1668

      Chuck Lewis #373