My Story

  • sarahkatheryn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      Ok... as per assignment 1 here is my story for your critique and
      criticisms :)

      To the children of the KS 2nd District:

      Out on the isle of Washateefoo there live a great people like me and
      like you.

      There are big Tee and small Tee and rich Tee and poor; there are group
      Tees in one Tee or more. There are airplanes and byways and houses of
      bricks, but some Tee has their own little bag of odd tricks.

      One Tee was fastest in Washateefoo, faster than fastest than me and
      than you.

      Wooshing by all as he ran for a mile, wooshing faster than the fastest
      second hand dial. His talents had never been speech or in brain, but
      he ran faster than the fastest horse or freight train!

      But then the day came when he wasn't the fastest of Tees, or fastest
      in the world of this one or these. So he ran someway different than
      he ran before, he ran for Congress to inspire a few Tee and more.

      He had power and place and a people packed party, with pâté and
      pecans, and a pineapple tarty. He waved his hands this way and money
      fell from the sky, he waved his arm that way and all would stand by.
      His home became the biggest in little Washateefoo, bigger than mine,
      than Ron, Dennis, or Sue. And the Tee's started to see what was
      behind that big smile, didn't matter how fast he could run that big mile.

      So, what happens real quick when you're talent's not speech, or brain,
      or great skills that no one can teach? It was a matter of time `fore
      the Tees caught along, and Tees knew they needed someone else to
      depend on.

      They found a brave Tee who had stars within reach. "Had enough?" she
      would say to all she would preach.

      "No, sir, no sir.
      This can't go, sir.
      Attention all Tees, there's more we can do.
      For schools, and our jobs, and little Tee's too!"

      So he stomped and he stuttered, he stamped and he cried, but no one
      could see any of his brighter side. Even with money, and staff, the
      President and Vice, all that power and money came at a bigger price.

      The new Tee took over and all the Tees sighed, for now they had a
      stronger Tee who wouldn't divide.

      Let me warn you, dear ones, and all who can hear, especially if you
      think there's nothing to fear. Power corrupted the fastest Tees,
      that's for sure, and absolute power corrupted him faster and more.
      The End