Re: [writing_groups_list] Newbie

  • Chaos Reigns Supreme Pizza
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
      The Moo,

      Welcome. Which fandom do you write in?

      Regards,
      Liz.

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • Chaos Reigns Supreme Pizza
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
        Aargh.

        Echo. *grin*

        Regards,
        Liz.

        --- Chaos Reigns Supreme Pizza
        <elizabethanneensley@...> wrote:
        The Moo,

        Welcome. Which fandom do you write in?

        http://platinum.yahoo.com
      • themoo37
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
          Thank you kindly for the welcome, Liz.

          The Moo's one and only fandom is Due South. A TV series made in
          Canada which aired new in the last 4 years of the 90's and syndicated
          somewhat thereafter.

          The fan base is mostly Americans with Canadians, Britons and others
          too. It's been translated around a few languages.

          For those familiar with fandom jargon: The Moo writes het/gen and at
          a very low ratings level, occasionally up to R. She only writes slash
          if somebody specifically asks her to.

          (Oh and she has a peculiar speech habit, but most of her friends
          don't mind.)

          The Moo
          -----------------------

          > Welcome. Which fandom do you write in?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Liz.

        • themoo37
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
            Thanks for the invite, Annillie. It sure sounds interesting. Sadly
            the Moo's problem isn't forcing herself to write but finding time to
            write.

            Actually the Moo had a look at your group's public face and saw
            reference to writing a minimum number of words a day. The Moo's real
            life schedule doesn't work that way.

            Once she starts a project she's obsessed with it until it is done but
            finding enough hours in the day is presently her challenge.

            Best of luck. Hope you get lots and lots of members.

            The Moo

            <annillie@c...> wrote:
            > Hi Moo:
            > Don't know if this fits with what you want. I started a group where
            we
            > try to write everyday. I found finishing a project was one of the
            > biggest problems new writers face, well us folks that have been at
            it
            > for a while have problems too.
            > Feel free to check it out. I just started and I could use some
            members.

          • Chaos Reigns Supreme Pizza
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2003
              *sniff* I remember when Due South was on the air and
              how, thanks to circumstances *koffnanakoffCoralkoff*
              beyond my control, I missed quite a few of the
              episodes; from what I remember, it was one wickedly
              funny series.

              If you want to join (at least for a little while) a
              smaller critique group, I belong to one that has
              around five active members at any given time. Marc's
              not looking to expand to too many members, but we're a
              comfortable little group. You give one critique and
              receive one critique per week. ;-)
              can blame it on me, LOL).

              Regards,
              Liz.