Re: new to the group and hey! where is eveyone?

  • icicle_works
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2003
      welcome, Alaska Granny...

      When I read your colorful description of your village, I fell into
      remembrance and deep longing for that old TV series called Northern
      Exposure.
      I used to love watching the show and there was a time I wanted to pack
      my few possessions and relocate to any tiny Alaskan town. My mother
      broke the spell and told me I'd probably die of cold and hate it when
      I don't get a nice glimpse of sunshine everyday. She was right of
      course. And so I didn't make any sudden moves and I'm still here
      where it's warm and sunny, just the way I like it.

      But now and then I still dream wistfully of a little town in Alaska..