How to Plot a Plot [getting discussions here!]

  • gosse0914
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2002
      Alright people...

      I, myself, am the admin for a Wicca discussion site, though I would
      never introduce a theological discussion here, as it is not the
      purpose of the site. I hereby suggest this:

      All those who are Novelists, as in, those who have written one cover
      to cover, say "Aye!"

      Next, we need something to get the discussion going. I've had
      interesting discussions with people, regarding how to properly
      develop a plot. The first arguement is this, whether or not to do the
      plot fully at the start, or start with page one, not knowing what
      page two will hold.

      This is what I pose.

      - Spider LoreCaster
    • allfoolsallsaints
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2002
        Okay, Spider--I'll bite.

        I think that what works for one writer won't work for another
        necessarily and what can work for one novel might not be the process
        for every one.

        Having given the cop out answer, I will say this. I think the plot
        needs to be in mind (if not fully designed) at least 70% to get
        something going, but every good writer allows the story to take over
        at times.

        sean

        p.s. check out the literary zine site: www.allfoolsallsaints.org

        still sean