Help out a great literary journal!

  • hud26
    Message 1 of 140 , Apr 3, 2001
      Hi,<br><br>I am a graduate student at San Diego
      State University (SDSU), and we are trying to help out
      a great literary journal titled Fiction
      International. Fiction International has been around for over 28
      years and has published the early fictional works of
      some of today's prominent cutting edge authors. It was
      co-edited by Larry McCaffery and Harold Jaffe, both
      Post-Modernistic authors in their own rights. Fiction
      International is printed by the SDSU press, and currently has
      an extremely low subcriber base. My group is trying
      to help Fiction International reach a broader
      market. So we have put together a fast and simple online
      survey to gather some information from people who care
      about good literature. I have posted the questionnaire
      link and some other links to the Fiction International
      website and to Harold Jaffe's own website on the "Links"
      part of this club. Thanks for your help!<br>Hud26
    • arunjyot
      Message 140 of 140 , Jan 2, 2002
        This email is to let you know about a very unique
        novel.<br>We had a tough time to categorize it.<br>Presently
        it is categorized as `Inspirational�<br>Your
        suggestion is welcome, but as far as the subject is
        concerned, I think it is the `First ever Pre-social,
        Pre-historical novel ever written in any world language! (The
        story is of the period of Ape-man.)<br>Please follow me
        for the details.<br><br>Presently literary agents and
        market oriented Publishers rule the literary
        field.<br>What are offered are hyped and well-advertised
        bestsellers with sex, violence and hatred at the cost of
        serious thought provoking classics.<br><br>For a change,
        Here is this novel is the one that is far away from
        cheap sex and violence, <br>The one, seeking meaning of
        life and values, <br>The Novel for adolescents, youths
        and for every sincere reader.<br><br>The Novel
        uphill. Wait for a moment to take a breath and casually
        look down. And say to each other, "Look! Can you see
        that signpost hidden in the bushes? That is the one
        that announced the start of the uphill. From that
        point onward, we started moving up with speed. And see
        how far we have come within a short
        time!" <br>Similar feelings should gather in one's mind after
        reading this novel, A Tale of Fengado. <br>On this Earth,
        the human culture is dispersed all over. It has left
        behind many signs of its existence over the period of
        last 30 to 40,000 years. Many of these signs are
        nothing but the signs of his animal-ness. But some signs
        are definitely of his humanness.<br>Particularly, at
        which point in the history, did man perceive his
        humanness? When he perceived it, how did he accept it? How
        was it the animal in him came to know about his
        humanness? <br>This novel tries to give answers to these
        questions.<br>This is the novel that asserts that there is a meaning
        to our so intensely felt need for righteousness, to
        our sense of justice and to our search for the
        meaning of life! <br>It�s not just a novel but it�s a
        spiritual journey of human being from Ape-man to Human
        being.<br>When the famous anthropologist, Margaret Meed was
        asked about the origin of civilization she answered,
        excavation, I declare that the human civilization has started
        here!" <br>These are the words that led to, possibly
        this first ever pre-social and pre-historic novel.
        turned human being. <br>It shows the first footprint of
        human civilization along with love, hatred, and the
        blood bath, which accompanied it. <br><br>ABOUT THE
        AUTHOR:<br> Dr. Arun Gadre is a Gynecologist who left the
        glamorous city of Bombay with wife, Dr. Jyoti, to serve
        rural India. <br>Dr. Gadre is also a prize-winning
        author with ten books published in the Indian language.
        life.<br><br>VISIT THE SITE TO HAVE A LOOK AT `A TALE OF
        FENGADO�<br>It is also available by a click on mouse. (with
        credit card