Empty nest

  • samantha_saines
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2005
      I'm enclosed in a box
      but the box has no walls.
      It's hard to breathe and the air is thick.
      It's hard to move and feel comfortable.
      I feel tightened and limited,
      and my muscles are soar from awkward positions.
      I'm in complete darkness and I cannot see the hand that lies in
      front of me.
      It keeps reaching out to me but I continue to search.
      As I think I am ready to touch it I have lost it again.
      There is light that flickers,
      but its only temporary hope that vanishes quickly.
      I have no more words to speak and no more pleas to make.
      It feels like the end to a life of nothing;
      a life of emptiness, sorrow and wailing.
      But I don't seem to mind. I know my time has come.

      The barrier breaks but I choose not to flee.
      I am destined to go this way.
      The way that is uncomfortable and unhappy,
      miserable and tormented.
      Here is my place, this is where I belong tonight.