Poem> "A Safer Way"

  • Samantha
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 7:24 PM
      Each day that passes by...
      how many seconds shall I waste and let be wasted
      how many minutes and hours
      days and months and years
      flying by in momentary flashes
      sometimes of torture sometimes of blessing
      sometimes all but nothing scourged and withered to ashes
      but something calls me to something greater
      of that which of yet to learn
      of wisdom and of virtue
      of calling and of nobleness
      All of the trees wailing at me
      and the wind screaming for me to listen
      but how many times have I turned away
      to cast my eyes upon dirt
      and dust and things that are of disgrace?
      Much rather I turn to the bounty
      the beauty, the boldest of this earth
      that shine like gold before a king.
      I must teach myself to cast myself upon beauty
      even she seems difficult to embrace
      a newfound beauty to take in through the heart
      to cherish and to love and never to waste
      but inhale in plenty and die cherishing
      the simple flower that lay to grow
      from my weeded hair