Poem>"End Point"

  • Samantha
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      In the middle of the night
      I wake screaming, breathless, crying in madness.
      I see all of my dreads become a reality that is endless
      and the days are never light, but as horrid as the dark.
      I lie in a pit where the walls are an eternity
      I have no escape, not even my mind.
      A creature yells down to me and cackles in laughter.
      Cannot see him. Only hears him. Intensified breathing. Solemn despair.
      If I could end my life now to leave this place
      it would benefit me more to do so.
      To take the knife to my heart or the last breath to my lungs.
      Even that would seem like redemption.
      Could this be the hell that slays me and calls my name?
      Could my madness have led me to the brinking point
      a nightmare of all nightmares...only this time no waking point.
      Blank...blackness...DONE!