203Poem> "The Author's Battle"

  • Samantha
    Oct 29, 2006
      I come before these infamiliar words once again
      as a drunken fool left unsure the following day of his consumption
      never remembering a single phrase or a single meaning
      to this combustion of energy spilled out on paper.
      They are my regurtating mind's pleasure,
      my weeping tears overflowing the unconscious,
      my bitter soul's rivalry with my unbroken world.
      Such a sting it leaves before me as I read these words again
      almost as a plagirist of authorized works prior.
      The words will haunt me, the symbols shall drag me by my heels
      until in frustration my pen flows once again.