191Re: [writers_unblock] Re: Desert Cleaning (Kendall Messner - new member giving it a try)

  • Kendall Messner
    Jul 17, 2006
      Samantha,

      Thank you for the comments!  You are right on, the poem was written to reveal the storm/chaos outside of nature and the calm in the center of it...to reveal / share those quiet moment of cleaning, self realization and discovery that occur in the quiet times while communing with nature.

      I apreciate you visiting the Blogs as well.

      I hope to read some of your works shortly!

      Regards,

      Kendall

      Samantha <samantha_saines@...> wrote:
      Hi Kendall,
      I have to say I had to read this poem a couple of times to get the
      whole effect of it. There is definitely a lot in this, much more
      than meets the eye. I really think that the imagery in this is
      vibrant, especially the comparisons to nature which I loved. I
      always got the feeling towards the middle of the poem of that break
      in calmness. It began with a lot of motion and activitity but it
      gets to the middle of the poem and it feels like it just all stops
      for a moment to let everything sink in. I don't know if this was your
      original intention or if I'm totally off but ultimately it had a
      really good affect on me. I also had the chance to read one of your
      other poems on one of your blogs, "Hangover." I really enjoyed that
      as well.

      --- In writers_unblock@ yahoogroups. com, "K. Msnr"