    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 1998
      requests for unsubscribing, and e-mail change sent to the editor, will
      be completely IGNORED, so don't expect a reply.*

      .______________________________.
      | Saturday, August 1st, 1998 | W R E S T L I N G O N L I N E
      | | N E W S L E T T E R # 1 4 4
      | *Issue #144* |
      | | Wrestling-Online.com's Official Newsletter
      | Editor@... | Editor: Colin Vassallo
      |______________________________|
      | |
      | Total Subscribers: 3,941 | HTTP://WWW.WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM
      |______________________________|

      TODAY'S TOP STORY: WWF AND TSN SIGN A 5 YEAR DEAL

      Contents:

      1 i - Opening Words From The Editor
      ii - Today's Top Story

      2- World Wrestling Federation
      i - News & Rumors

      3- World Championship Wrestling
      i - News & Rumors

      4- Subscription Information
      i - Subscribe/Unsubscribe
      ii - E-mail Change

      1 OPENING WORDS FROM THE EDITOR
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Colin Vassallo
      E-mail: Editor@...

      Hello guys! I have a small update regarding the incident that happened
      yesterday. I edited my Makelist.com preferences and I chose the option
      that whenever a message is sent to the mailing list, it has to be
      approved by me first. This is an automatic procedure, so from now on,
      you won't get any crap e-mails. (Thanks to the Flying Scotsman to tell
      me about this.)

      The "hacker" didn't get any e-mail address from the list, so your e-mail
      address is still secure. I received an e-mail from the guys at
      Makelist.com and they told me they are working on a more secure system.

      Anyways, I received an e-mail from our ex-RAW Is WAR reporter, Chris
      Colbourne, and he told me that he COULD return. In the meantime, he did
      today's "Top Story" section. Thanks Chris.

      I just got my hands on this month stats for our website, and indeed,
      it's a record. A total of over 1,800,000+ impressions for the month of
      July. Thanks to everyone for visiting! I will have my WebCam installed
      in 2 weeks time, so expect more new exciting features on the site.

      Back tomorrow with more news, and an article from G.R. Tower!

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      TODAY'S TOP STORY
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Crusin Chris Colbourne
      E-mail: crusin@...

      TSN and WWF Canada made a special announcement today that the two have
      signed a FIVE YEAR contract in order to carry WWF RAW IS WAR in PRIME
      TIME starting in October 1998. This means that the show will be airing
      LIVE (instead of the product of their "offend-no-one hack job" they do),
      and will be shown as our American counterparts see it, at 9pm Eastern
      Time.

      During the same conference, OWEN HART spoke up and asked when they would
      be bringing RAW IS WAR to Canada, instead of just having it tour the
      USA. WWF Canada president Carl DeMarco stated that they would be
      bringing RAW to the Skydome early in 1999. Speculation is for it to be
      the February 8th show.

      The contract signing was "witnessed" by WWF SuperStars UNDERTAKER,
      Toronto's own EDGE, and Peterbourgh native VAL VENIS.

      Pictures and RealVideo segments will be made available on the
      TSN.CA/WRESTLING website Saturday Morning.

      ==============
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      As you may know, the phenomenal hit Titanic is scheduled for video
      release on September 1st for $29.95 SRP -- we will be taking pre-orders
      starting June 11, 1998 at the unbelievably low price of $9.99! To
      order, go to http://www.reel.com/cgi-bin/session/WRON/sale/sale.html
      ==============

      ____ __ ______
      2 \ \ \ / \ / ____/
      \ \ \/ /\ \/ /___ WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
      \ \ / \ / __/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \ \/ /\ \/ /
      \__/ \__/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwwboard.html

      - Steve Williams dislocated his knee in his Brawl For All Match against
      Bart Gunn. It's unknown how much time he'll miss, if any. (WiseGuy)

      - If you order the WWF SummerSlam and send in a copy of your cabel bill
      to prove it, the WWF will send you a free World Wrestling Federation
      mousepad as a free gift(which is a $10 value).

      All bills should be sent to:

      WWF SummerSlam "Highway To Hell" Offer
      P.O. Box 5488
      Rockville Center, NY 11571-5488

      Only one entry per household WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. (SJJ)

      - Tickets at Madison Square Garden are all sold out, but as a special
      bonus ...

      SHAMROCK AND OWEN STEP INTO THE LION'S DEN AT SUMMERSLAM--AND TICKETS GO
      ON SALE TODAY! (SATURDAY, AUGUST 1)

      As a special added attraction to SummerSlam: "Highway To Hell", Ken
      Shamrock and Owen Hart will step into the "Lion's Den" during the
      Pay-Per-View on August 30!

      This caged, no-holds-barred, submission competition will take place in
      "The Theater at Madison Square Garden," and tickets go on-sale TOMORROW
      (SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, AT 10 AM
      ET) at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets or
      charge-by-phone at 212-307-7171. Tickets are priced at $18.00. Link to
      the Ticketmaster website to purchase seats online.

      Limited seating is available for the Lion's Den Match between Shamrock
      and Owen, so order your tickets as soon as you rub the crust out of your
      eyes in the morning! Those in attendance for the no-holds-barred bout
      will be able to watch SummerSlam: "Highway To Hell" in its entirety via
      closed-circuit television! Meaning that you'll witness Shamrock and Owen
      tearing each other apart inside the Lion's Den, as well as watch the
      Pay-Per-View from "The Theater at Madison Square Garden"!

      As you know, the 1998 King of the Ring became champion of the Ultimate
      Fighting world in much the same sort of structure. At Fully Loaded, the
      Calgary native got to fight on his home turf in the Hart Family Dungeon.
      Now it's time for Shamrock to attempt to tame Hart in HIS "Zone" on
      August 30 when the two step into the Lion's Den. Due to the aggressive
      nature of this contest, one of these superstars might have his career
      cut short at this special SummerSlam match, exclusive to "The Theater at
      Madison Square Garden"! (WiseGuy)

      - It's reported that Devon storm signed with the WWF.

      - Barry Windham is expected to be released from his WWF contract

      - Kevin Lawler, the brother of Brian Christopher and son of Jerry
      Lawler, is with the
      WWF. We may not see him on camera for some time though.
      (WrestlingHeadlines)

      - Andrew Martin and Sean Stasiak should be on WWF TV before the end of
      the year. They are still training and awaiting gimmicks.
      (WrestlingHeadlines)

      =============
      Join the BWFE the best e-fed on the internet. Top quality booked
      federation, two shows a week, voted #1 in on the EWI internet site. For
      more info go to: http://members.tripod.com/~nbnet/bwfe/index.htm
      =============

      __ __ ___ __ __
      3 \ \ /\ / // __\\ \ /\ / /
      \ \/ // /| | \ \/ // / WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
      \ // / | |___ \ // / ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \/ \/ \___/ \/ \/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwwboard.html

      - Bill Goldberg was interviewed on TNT's Roughcut:

      Q: Who's your favorite actor?
      A: Robert De Niro is a hell of an actor.

      Q: Favorite actress?
      A: I don't have one.

      Q: What was the last movie you saw?
      A: I saw Titanic on the plane. It was boring. Three hours... it was just
      too long. It was a good picture with a good story, but it was just too
      long. Too much lovey-dovey crap.

      Q: You don't like romance, huh? What do you like?
      A: I like seeing guys get blown up. That's about it.

      Q: What's your favorite movie of all time?
      A: North Dallas Forty. Apocalypse Now. I like realism. North Dallas is
      really like being in the NFL.

      Q: Considering your popularity, would you consider doing crossover work
      in film and TV?
      A: Definitely. I've got something lined up (in L.A.) in September. Kevin
      Nash and I are going to do "The Love Boat." The episode is going to be
      centered around he and I. And I have other things going on; an IBM
      commercial and all kinds of different stuff like that.

      Q: Of all the movies you've watched, what would have been your dream
      role?
      A: Hell, Rambo would have been cool. Actually, I'd have been a great
      Predator, too.

      Q: If you could change one thing about movies today, what would it be?
      A: More story line. Less bing-bam-boom.

      - Darryl Wolk reports that Macho Man Randy Savage should return to
      television sometime in September. His surgery went well and the WCW
      wants to get him back on camera as soon as possible. But Savage's
      contract runs out in December, and WCW is worried that he might not
      re-sign. But it is very likely that he will, considering he is good
      friend with Hogan. (K2Sweet)

      Rowdy Roddy Piper is no longer under a WCW wrestling contract. However,
      he is under a one year movie contract with Turner, which means he can't
      go to the WWF or any other organization for a year. But he may return on
      camera with a limited pay-per-show role.
      WCW wouldn't want Piper to get into a huge angle, and have him split
      with no commitment. (K2Sweet)

      - Scott Hall, was arrested Thursday morning...

      "Professional wrestler in Baton Rouge for a performance was arrested
      Thursday morning after he allegedly groped a woman outside a hotel, city
      police said.

      Scott Oliver Hall, 39, of Chuluota, Fla., was issued a misdemeanor
      summons for simple battery and disturbing the peace by public
      intoxication after the 9:30 a.m. incident, Cpl. Don Kelly said.

      A 56-year-old woman told police she was waiting for a co-worker in her
      car outside the Radisson Hotel on Constitution Avenue when she saw Hall
      standing near her car door, Kelly said. She recognized him and rolled
      down her window to speak to him, Kelly said.

      Hall allegedly reached into the car, grabbed her breast and pulled her
      hand up near his crotch, Kelly said. He was arrested at his hotel room,
      Kelly said. Hall could not be reached for comment Thursday. The hotel
      did not show him to be registered there, a desk clerk said. (DDW)

      - WCW Hotline Report, thanks to the Flying Scotsman and the Seeker:

      - If you are inLittle Rock tomorrow tonight or Alexandria tonight this
      is the only time you will be glad to be living there. Kevin Nash -vs-
      Scott Hall!

      - Hennig hurt his knee, so Scott Hall has to take his place, and he will
      face his former partner. Rumored to be a tag team, it will not. This
      match is scheduled for Halloween Havoc.

      - Two main events for Fawl Brawl First being Goldberg -vs- The Giant in
      a world title match and the second being nWo Wolfpac -vs- nWo Hollywood
      in double rings with double cages submission or surrender ONLY. It will
      be one HELL of a match.

      - Stings contract may be up soon. The rumors are true. But do NOT look
      for him to go to the WWF! He doesn't like being on the road.

      - You saw Hawk on Raw with all the fumbling bumbing stuff, it was indeed
      that an act. But Rodman's act might not have been an act at the PPV.

      - Monday Night Ratings If you look at the head to head, Raw lost to
      Nitro by a half point, but since WCW is 3 hours, they lost to WWF Raw.

      -Mark Madden = Ratings

      -Arn Anderson will not return, his injury is far too bad Too much risk
      involved. He will be the 4 horseman manager at ringside.

      - There will be alot of changing between now, and when we see them.

      - Talked about the "Survivor Series" incident. No one has been screwed
      more than Bret except maybe Venis.

      - Owen had to beg a still angered Stu Hart to have the WWF in his home.

      - Steiners are upset with the fued with each other.

      - Kimona may show up in the WWF at some time.

      - Hart's WCW persona should take a HUGE turn-around in the near future.

      - Tony said 13,000 at Nitro, but it was 21,000. Geeze Tony!

      -Anyone other than MADDEN think that the Annoucing on WCW is horrible?
      Its too stale. Madden doesn't like Jim Ross, but he is GOOD at what he
      does. Madden KNOWS he would be better at that job.

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      E-MAIL CHANGE
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      If you are changing e-mails, first Unsubscribe your current e-mail
      address, then subscribe again with your new e-mail.

      NOTE: ALL requests for unsubscribing, subscribing and e-mail change sent
      to the editor, will be completely IGNORED. The mailing list manager we
      use is automatic and it will subscibe/unsubscribe you in a matter of
      seconds. An e-mail to confirm your request will be sent to you
      immidiatley after you completed your request.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1998 Wrestling-Online