    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 1998
      requests for unsubscribing, and e-mail change sent to the editor, will
      be completely IGNORED, so don't expect a reply.*

      .______________________________.
      | Sunday, July 26th, 1998 | W R E S T L I N G O N L I N E
      | | N E W S L E T T E R # 1 3 9
      | *Issue #139* |
      | | Wrestling-Online.com's Official Newsletter
      | Editor@... | Editor: Colin Vassallo
      |______________________________|
      | |
      | Total Subscribers: 3,828 | HTTP://WWW.WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM
      |______________________________|

      TODAY'S TOP STORY: 'FULLY LOADED' TONIGHT, FULL COVERAGE ON OUR WEBSITE

      Contents:

      i - Opening Words From The Editor

      2- World Wrestling Federation
      i - News & Rumors
      ii - Superstars Results
      iii - Shotgun Results

      3- World Championship Wrestling
      i - News & Rumors

      4- Columns
      i - Clear The Mic

      5- Subscription Information
      i - Subscribe/Unsubscribe
      ii - E-mail Change

      1 OPENING WORDS FROM THE EDITOR
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Colin Vassallo
      E-mail: Editor@...

      You want a Yourname 3:16 t-shirt? For as low as $15 (including postage),
      we will be able to get you one done! High quality shirts, with black
      print, using the same font of the ever popular "Austin 3:16" shirt! To
      order go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/shopzone/

      On a sad note, I received the resignation letter from Chris Ciolfitto,
      stating there will be no more Rants & Raves. It's a shame, that guy have
      been writing since Issue #3 of the newsletter! He'll still do the
      Superstars Results though.

      Hope to see ya tonight in our chat room, read the Top Story for more
      info!

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      TODAY'S TOP STORY
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Colin Vassallo
      E-mail: Editor@...

      Earlier this month, we did the play-by-play of the Bash At The Beach PPV
      event. Now it's time for Fully Loaded. Full live coverage of the event
      will be on http://www.wrestling-online.com , and we will have
      play-by-play in the chatroom. Be sure to go to our site, all info is on
      the front page. Also, picture updates on the site will happen during the
      PPV.

      Be sure to join us, starting tonight, at 6:30PM EST! See ya there!

      ==============
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      As you may know, the phenomenal hit Titanic is scheduled for video
      release on September 1st for $29.95 SRP -- we will be taking pre-orders
      starting June 11, 1998 at the unbelievably low price of $9.99! To
      order, go to http://www.reel.com/cgi-bin/session/WRON/sale/sale.html
      ==============

      ____ __ ______
      2 \ \ \ / \ / ____/
      \ \ \/ /\ \/ /___ WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
      \ \ / \ / __/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \ \/ /\ \/ /
      \__/ \__/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwwboard.html

      - Weekend ratings: WWF Superstars - 1.8
      WWF Livewire - 1.7

      - The WWF is going to bring Steve Regal into the mix after SummerSlam,
      or at SummerSlam. The WWF as you know, will be repackaging him. He was
      brought out to wrestle on RAW at the June 29th Cleveland show to add
      shock value to the show and to see how the fans would react. Now they
      will change and correct anything that they feel they need to, after they
      got to see his appearance on RAW, they now know what to add and
      subtract. He will be apart of the weigh in that the WWF does in late
      August with all their talent. (Johnatan Michaels / K2Sweet)

      - Ahmed Johnson right now looks like he won't be returning to the WWF.
      He has come less
      dependable with the many things he says he will do. He said he would
      participate in some matches for some small independent federations, but
      failed to be at some. His ego has gotten the best of him. Now it is
      being said that Johnson may just quit wrestling and venture into other
      job opportunities, if that is true -- it wouldn't hurt. He has contacted
      the WWF in the last month, only to be asked to clean up his act and call
      them back when he did. The WWF knows he is a hard person to work with,
      and they wish to stay away from him. (Johnatan Michaels / K2Sweet)

      - Contrary to some rumors going around the net these days, the LOD are
      not going to leave the WWF. The LOD have 2 more years on their current
      WWF deal. The WWF did have thoughts of splitting them up. They both
      would go singles if the WWF did choose that option. The WWF will most
      likely not go with that option, but will rather put them more over in
      this DOA fued, if the can. Paul Ellenring was brought back to the WWF to
      originally be with LOD, but they put him in with the DOA at the last
      second. (Johnatan Michaels / K2Sweet)

      - Vader is one of the many wrestlers in the WWF that will be repackaged
      and brought back into a new story line. WWF wants to go back to the more
      heel-ish and monstrous man called Vader as a gimmick. The WWF tried this
      back in early 96 when he came into the WWF for the first time. At that
      time, the story lines didn't work out for his persona, and it all failed
      horribly. WWF brought him back as a face, and has been trying to push
      him. Now, that also didn't work and the WWF will bring him back as a
      heel, but add some twist to his persona that he used in early 96 and
      somewhat in WCW. He will not be apart of the Vince McMahon story lines.
      (Johnatan Michaels / K2Sweet)

      - Right now the WWF is planning on having an Undertaker and Austin match
      again at the In Your House for September. The Undertaker will in all
      likely hood, act like McMahon is forcing him to join Vince in this
      'destroying of Austin' story line. Having Undertaker join McMahon would
      not get much heat, but if he acted like he was forced to help destroy
      Austin it would go over much better. Also, the WWF hopes they can sign
      Flair if he wins his case against WCW. If Flair does come into WWF, they
      will push Flair right into this corporate champion/destorying of Austin
      angle. That will obviously setup a championship match with Austin
      against Flair. (Johnatan Michaels / K2Sweet)

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      SUPERSTARS RESULTS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Chris Ciolfitto
      E-mail: Chris316@...

      Commentators: Michael Cole, Kevin Kelly and Gorilla Monsoon

      MATCH 1: Dustin Runnels vs. The Godfather (From Shotgun)
      WINNER: The Godfather

      MATCH 2: WWF European Championship Match (From RAW)
      Triple H vs. D-Lo Brown
      WINNER: D-Lo Brown

      MATCH 3: Midnight Express vs. Devon Storm and Eric Svarccia (From
      Shotgun)
      WINNERS: Midnight Express

      (Slam Jam with "Handsome" Dok Hendrix)

      MATCH 4: The Headbangers vs. Golga and Kurrgan (From Shotgun)
      WINNERS: Golga and Kurrgan

      MATCH 5: Tug O' War Match (From Shotgun)
      Vader vs. Mark Henry
      WINNER: Mark Henry

      (Slam Jam with "Handsome' Dok Hendrix)
      (They show the whole Vince McMahon/Steve Austin/Untertaker saga from
      RAW)

      MATCH 6: Too Much vs. Terry Funk and Bradshaw (From Shotgun)
      WINNERS: Terry Funk and Bradshaw

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      SHOTGUN RESULTS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Kevin
      E-mail: Kevii@...

      Jim Ross and James E Cornette do the play-by-play.

      Match 1
      Golga and Kurggan (With one really cute woman) -vs- Headbangers
      Winners: Headbangers

      Sunday Night Heat Preview Commercial - Next Sunday at 7:00pm est,
      5:00pst, 6:00cst

      Tug of War match
      Mark Henry challenges some one from the locker room to a tug of war
      match and its against Vader.
      Winner: Mark Henry

      Infomerical on Austin's StoneCold baseball jersey..

      Highlights Of Mcmahon saying that Austin was going to fight Mankind/Kane
      on the same night. Austin came down and talked about the conspiracy
      again.

      Match 3
      Dustin Runnels -vs- God Father
      Winnner: Godfather "Kama"

      JVC Kambom of the week
      Last monday's Highlights of Undertaker chokeslamming Mcmahon, Brisco and
      Patterson.

      Match 4
      Bradshaw and Terry Funk -vs- Too Much
      Winner: Bradshaw and Terry Funk

      BodySlam Commercial WWF'S New Sport Drink!!!!!!!!

      Brawl For All Bart Gunn and Bob Holly highlights

      Match 5
      Midnight Express -vs- Devon Storm and Faser
      Winners: Midnight Express

      Fully Loaded previews.

      =============
      WRESTLING-ONLINE SHOPZONE IS OPEN! ORDER MERCHANDISE! VISIT:
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/shopzone/
      =============

      __ __ ___ __ __
      3 \ \ /\ / // __\\ \ /\ / /
      \ \/ // /| | \ \/ // / WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
      \ // / | |___ \ // / ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \/ \/ \___/ \/ \/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwwboard.html

      - Weekend ratings: WCW Saturday Night - 2.0

      - Hogan is having some problems with his family!! Hulk Hogan's wife
      Linda wants to move to Southern California, but Hogan is a Tampa Florida
      Native. But his Wife wants to live in Southern California with their 2
      kids. And Hogan wants to keep his family happy, so it is rumored that
      they have already purchased a 3 million dollar mansion in the San
      Fernando Valley!! This is not the biggest problem for Hogan, but he will
      not be as happy with his wife's desicion. (BSHayes)

      - Several people in WCW feel that Chris Benoit will not add a few more
      years to his contract. It is very parent that all those reports seem to
      be factual. Benoit at this point is not re-signing anything with WCW and
      a trip to the WWF doesn't seem unlikely, but is nearly too premature to
      say. WCW will probably not push Benoit till he does sign the extension,
      which wouldn't change much in his current status with WCW. (Johnatan
      Michaels / K2Sweet)

      4 COLUMNS
      ^^^^^^^

      CLEAR THE MIC
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By GR Tower
      E-mail: TowerGR@...

      Hello once again, everyone! Hope everyone has had an enjoyable, or at
      least bearable week! This week I want to discuss the WWF's new tv
      show...Sunday Night Heat. I have to question Vince's judgement here. RAW
      is doing fantastic, without question! The angles are hot, the wrestlers
      are giving 110%, the fans are always pumped, and the broadcast reflects
      this. But, adding a new show so quickly after regaining the #1 spot...is
      Vince
      jumping the gun?

      Now, the idea for Sunday Night Heat could've been, in fact may have
      been, in the works long before RAW reclaimed the top spot, but the
      timing of the debut is still rather quick after RAW's recent success.
      Remember, it wasn't that long ago that Vince scrapped all syndicated
      programming and broadcast only on USA! The WWF was really feeling the
      impact of the NWO, and with money tight, Vince cancelled WWF Wrestling
      Challenge all together, and moved Superstars to Sunday mornings on USA.
      Things have progressed since
      then with Shotgun Saturday Night in syndication across the U.S., and
      local weekend programs in major cities such as New York and I think
      Chicago has a Saturday morning WWF show as well. But, realize LiveWire
      and Superstars simply recap RAW and Shotgun. Now, I'm not sure exactly
      what the format of Sunday Night Heat will be. Will it also be a recap of
      the week? Or will we see original matches? If they are original matches
      will they be high-quality matches, i.e. HHH v. The Rock, or will it be
      squashes...i.e.
      Vader vs, Dale Wolfe? All they've said so far is the show debuts August
      2nd, and will be
      broadcast LIVE the night of SummerSlam to lead into the ppv.

      I highly doubt Vince would add another review show to his tv offerings,
      so Sunday Night Heat may very well be a good thing. Vince has shown us
      time and time again over the years how creative he can be, so maybe this
      new show will have all our jaws on the floor. I hope that is the case,
      because the last thing Vince needs right now is a failed project...he's
      riding too high for a disappointment. Well, just like everything else,
      we'll have to wait and see!

      Well, that'll wrap things up for this week! Drop me an email with any
      comments you have on the column, or any topics you'd like me to write
      about! Thanks for reading!

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      E-MAIL CHANGE
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      If you are changing e-mails, first Unsubscribe your current e-mail
      address, then subscribe again with your new e-mail.

      NOTE: ALL requests for unsubscribing, subscribing and e-mail change sent
      to the editor, will be completely IGNORED. The mailing list manager we
      use is automatic and it will subscibe/unsubscribe you in a matter of
      seconds. An e-mail to confirm your request will be sent to you
      immidiatley after you completed your request.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1998 Wrestling-Online