    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2000
      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___
      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Tuesday, February 29th 2000
      \___/|_|\_|____|___|_|\_|___| Total Subscribers: 12,777

      THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER OF WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Congratulations to Mae Young and Mark Henry for their new
      born...well..object! :) Sometimes I wonder what the hell the WWF writers
      are smoking. Although it was funny and bad in the same time!

      Sorry if you received yesterday's newsletter twice, Egroups is acting
      kinda strange for the past few days!

      ======================================
      "WWFtees.com is "Layin the Smack Down" with EXCLUSIVE WWF T-shirts.
      There are no gimmicks or nonsense at our site. Just the best wrestling
      tees on the planet. We carry the most up-to-date cutting-edge designs
      and offer the largest selection of WWF tees. Connect with us today
      because at WWFtees.com "it doesn't matter what your name is, you will
      be glad you came." | http://www.wwftees.com
      ======================================

      >> THE WRESTLING REPRESSION
      By Tyler Morgan, [tylermorgan@...]

      The World Wrestling Federation did nothing but set the bar higher and
      higher in terms of show quality and overall product in the past month
      and a half. They took what everyone was labeling as a throw away pay per
      view, and turned into one of those few shows that will be remembered
      twenty years from now.

      Monday Night they paid for doing so well for so long.

      Don’t get me wrong, the WWF did put on a tolerable show Monday night but
      it wasn’t at the level where they have been for the past month or so.
      Marks and smarts across the continent are disgusted, and have been
      voicing their disgust in chat rooms, discussion boards, email and just
      about every other place they possibly can. Does the WWF really deserve
      it?

      The truth is they probably don’t. The fact is the WWF has almost raised
      the standard of what a wrestling show should be; simply with just one
      month of arguably the greatest month of WWF TV; ever. Now they’re
      heading into what is their centerpiece show; WrestleMania with a large
      fanbase not feeling the momentum that the promotion should have?

      They had the momentum two weeks ago. They had the momentum just one week
      ago. They even had the momentum Sunday Night; AFTER No Way Out went off
      the air. They put two hours of just tolerable TV on, and they’ve lost
      that momentum.

      Even WWF loyalists have to question some of the booking decisions the
      company has followed through with in a 48-hour period. Terri’s heal turn
      doesn’t have enough motivation for the fans to really care much about
      it. Nobody really wanted to see Christian & Edge get tag team title
      shots at WrestleMania everyone wanted to see The Hardyz get the shot.
      Everyone was expecting a stellar main event setup for WrestleMania to
      pan out either through No Way Out or at least the next night on Raw.
      People would have been happy with either Cactus or Triple H as long as
      The Rock was the
      challenger at WrestleMania.

      Sure, all these things could happen, but because they didn’t happen
      MONDAY NIGHT, sacrifices are going to have to be made.

      I can’t think of any way for The Rock to get into the main event without
      Triple H losing credibility in his word. I guess the word shouldn’t
      really matter from a sadistic heel who we are supposed to hate in the
      first place but its still going to hurt Triple H in the long run if The
      Rock somehow gets into the main event on April 2nd.

      The main thing working against the WWF right now is time. Monday’s Raw
      had to finalize the stage for all the major programs we were going to
      see at WrestleMania so the WWF would still had the time to promote the
      card the way WrestleMania should be promoted. The show hasn’t been
      PROMOTED the way it should be since Mike Tyson refereed Shawn Micheals
      and Steve Austin way back when. It just doesn’t feel like WrestleMania
      or even like we’re approaching WrestleMania.

      What it truly feels like is that WrestleMania was Sunday Night.

      The true climax of the year, no matter what happens at WrestleMania is
      the end of Mick Foley’s career. I know that’s what I’m going to remember
      anyway.

      I still remember the week the WWF hired Mick and gave him the role of
      Mankind. You have to realize that at the time Mick was hired the Mankind
      character was still VERY rough around the edges. No one expected Mick
      Foley to be a success under the gimmick. No one expected Mick Foley to
      succeed at all.

      Four years later we are saying goodbye to the most admired and respected
      personality to ever come out of this business. The admiration this man
      carriers with him is larger than anyone else this business has ever
      seen, and that’s covering all the Vince McMahons, all the Shawn Micheals
      and all the Ric Flairs this business has ever seen. That’s a bold
      statement, and that’s the statement that belongs to Mick Foley.

      Although Mick isn’t going out at the top of his physical career,
      mentally and emotionally this is the top of the game. That’s two out of
      three so he must be going out on top.

      After all that’s the way it’s meant to be.

      And that’s the only way all the hardcore wrestling fans will accept it.

      But life in proffesional wrestling will go on. We’ll still see
      Smackdown! Thursday, The Rock will continue to be the top face in the
      industry. Triple H will continue to be the most valuable man to the WWF.
      Arenas will still sell out, ratings will still be high, ECW will
      continue to grow and WCW will continue to suck. But proffesional
      wrestling; OUR world just won’t be the same without Mick Foley.

      Get PAID for using your cell phone or pager!
      http://clk4.com/cgi-bin/conv.pl?193

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Even though the show disappointed a little bit, ratings for RAW Is WAR
      were slightly up this week due to the WWF coming off a PPV. First hour
      received a 6.5 with a 9.3 share while the second received another 6.5
      with a 10.5 share. Composite for the show is a 6.5 with a 9.9 share.
      Quarter hour breakdowns are as follows: 6.7, 6.7, 6.3, 6.3, 6.5, 6.3,
      6.3, 6.4, 7.2. (Scherer)

      > WEEKEND RATINGS
      - Livewire received a 1.7; Superstars did a 1.7; and Heat did a 3.2.
      (Scherer)

      > TRISH/HBK RUMOR SHOT DOWN
      - On WWF.COM news update, Lucas said that there is no truth to the
      teaming of Canadian fitness model Trish Stratus and Shawn Michaels
      despite what sites have been reporting.

      > WHO WAS THAT EMT?
      - The 'lucky' EMT who helped Mae Young 'deliver the hand' is Tom
      Blancha, according to Dave Scherer. Blancha is a former writer for the
      "Late Night" show with Conan O'Brien and is currently one of the TV
      writers for the World Wrestling Federation.

      > WWFE STOCK
      - Stocks of the WWF ended on a high note today. There was an 11.83%
      increase over the previous trade which now puts it to 13 a piece. The
      day's range was 12 - 13 1/4.

      > WWF EARNINGS BEAT EXPECTATIONS
      - STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - The World Wrestling Federation Entertainment
      Inc. reported third-quarter earnings of 23 cents per share Tuesday,
      beating analysts' expectations.

      The WWFE reported net income of $15.7 million for the three months
      ending Jan. 28. That's up more than 50 percent from comparable earnings
      of $10.2 million, or 18 cents per share, in the same quarter last year.

      Analysts surveyed by First Call/Thomson Financial had predicted
      third-quarter earnings would be around 18 cents per share.

      For the first nine months of the fiscal year, WWFE earned $35.1 million,
      or 57 cents per share, compared with comparable net income of $20.2
      million, or 36 cents per share, in the prior year.

      Revenue for the third quarter totaled $98.4 million, up 50 percent from
      $65.2 million a year earlier. For the first nine months sales totaled
      $262.9 million, up nearly 67 percent from $157.7 million a year earlier.

      WWFE went public last October. Its year-ago figures were reported as if
      it had been a public company at that time. WWFE said it is expanding its
      broadcasts to Great Britain and investing in several new ventures,
      including its own record label. The company also recently announced
      plans to offer its own football league, the XFL. The WWF's Monday night
      cable television program, ``RAW is WAR,'' draws about 6 million viewers
      each week. Millions more tune in to monthly pay-per-view matches that
      cost about $30. Shares of WWF rose $1.371/2 to $13 in trading on the
      Nasdaq Stock Market.

      > CANADIAN FANS GET UNWANTED PORN SHOW (Thanks to Greg Grams)
      - VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Professional wrestling fans may be accustomed to
      sexual innuendo in the ring, but a Canadian satellite broadcaster said
      Monday it never intended to give them an actual porn show.

      Bell ExpressVu blamed human error for briefly transmitting X-rated
      material to theaters in several Canadian cities immediately after the
      end of a scheduled pay-for-view broadcast of a World Wrestling
      Federation Entertainment event.

      ``The company sincerely regrets that this incident occurred and has
      taken the necessary action to ensure that it will never happen again by
      rewiring the switching facility,'' Bell ExpressVu said in a press
      release.

      The accidental broadcast Sunday drew complaints from parents who were
      still leaving theaters with their children when it appeared on the
      screens.

      ``It was very graphic,'' Colleen Allen told the Vancouver Province. ``My
      11-year-old was
      devastated. ... Little girls were coming out crying.''

      Bell ExpressVu, a unit of BCE Inc (NYSE:BCE - news)., Canada's largest
      phone company, said it would offer refunds to people who watched the
      event and give them free tickets to the next WWF pay-for-view broadcast.

      ======================================
      See our web site: www.guaranteedmerchandise.com "
      ======================================

      > NITRO RATINGS
      - Nitro dropped around a 0.2 from last week's show. First hour received
      a 3.0 with a 4.3 share while the second did a 2.2 with a 3.1 share.
      Composite for the show was a 2.6 with a 3.7 share. Quarter hour
      breakdowns for the show are as follows: 2.9, 3.0, 3.0, 3.1, 2.0, 2.0,
      2.3, 2.2, 2.7. (Scherer)

      > CURRENT CARD FOR UNCENSORED
      - Here's the current card for Uncensored 2000. Uncensored tends to be
      the suckiest WCW PPV of the year...let's see if this year can beat the
      previous ones! Sid Vicious vs Jeff Jarrett for the title; Hogan takes on
      Flair in a strap match; Dustin Rhodes vs Terry Funk; Mamalukes vs Harris
      Boys; Total Package vs Sting.

      > MISFITS' JERRY ONLY RIPS ON VAMPIRO!
      - Jerry Only recently updated his online commentary and he talks about
      WCW superstar Vampiro. It doesn't look good between the two! To read it,
      go to:
      http://www.misfits.com/JerrySpeaks.html

      > TROUBLE BETWEEN STING AND WCW
      - Several sources are reporting that there has been some conflict
      between Sting and WCW official JJ Dillon. Even though Sting appeared on
      Nitro and is set to take on Luger in the next PPV, there's currently a
      rocky relationship between the two parties. A few days ago Sting said
      that he had no interest in returning to the federation in a full time
      role at the moment.

      GetPaid4: How would you like to get paid to surf the internet?
      GetPaid4 will pay you to use the internet and do other things you do
      normally on your computer - check it out!
      http://clk4.com/cgi-bin/conv.pl?198

      >> EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING NEWS

      If you like receiving information in your email, why not check
      out Netezines? You can get great information on a number of topics,
      as well as be entered in our $5,000 give-away.
      http://clk4.com/cgi-bin/conv.pl?199

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-2000 Wrestling-Online