    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2000
      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___
      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Monday, January 31st 2000
      \___/|_|\_|____|___|_|\_|___| Total Subscribers: 12,533

      THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER OF WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      I told you the Rams would win the Superbowl yesterday, didn't I? :)
      Great Superbowl, I really liked it...and same goes for the halftime
      show! Nice shiznit!

      ======================================
      "WWFtees.com is "Layin the Smack Down" with EXCLUSIVE WWF T-shirts.
      There are no gimmicks or nonsense at our site. Just the best wrestling
      tees on the planet. We carry the most up-to-date cutting-edge designs
      and offer the largest selection of WWF tees. Connect with us today
      because at WWFtees.com "it doesn't matter what your name is, you will
      be glad you came." | http://www.wwftees.com
      ======================================

      >> BYTE BACK! - READERS' COMMENTS
      By Chris Ciolfitto, [byteback@...]

      DAMN IT!!! DAMN IT!!! DAMN IT!!! My money was on the Titans :) You
      know what though? It was a damn good game. Congrats goes out to the
      Tennessee Titans and the 1999 Super Bowl champions (NOT the world
      champions) the St. Louis Rams on a great win. Now, on with the show...

      Message For Bill Busch...
      "BILL DOUCHEBAG OF WCW!! I WANT YOU IN A CAGE BOY!!! <YOU LET ONE OF THE
      MOST TALENTED WRESTLERS IN HISTORY CHRIS BENOIT SIGN A RELEASE & WALK
      AWAY! NOW AS A FRIEND OF MINE FORMERLY FROM CHICAGO ONCE SAID" NOW! YOU
      HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE!!AND THAT'S AGAINST THE TERMINATOR IV HORSEMEN!!
      GOOD FOR ME.......... BAD FOR YOU!!!"You know I thought Bischoff, Russo,
      & Ferrera were the stupidest dumb fucks! But you Bill Douchebag have
      managed to surpass them by leaps & bounds!!! MEET ME IN THE CAGE BOY!!"
      - TERMINATOR IV

      He awaits your response Mr. Busch :)

      Survive...
      "Message: I don't think that what the WWF is doing with TAZ(oh excuse me
      TAZZ) is right... the man is a Judo expert and coming from someone who
      is a black belt in judo... they aren't do him any justice... I know that
      wrestling is just a big show and everything, but I still think that TAZZ
      should be in more of a main event(or right-under-main-event status)
      because of him attitude, charisma, and all out ass kicking abilities...
      hey, it's just my opinion... take it anyway you want... see you guys
      L8R.."
      - J.of.I

      Tazz just debuted a week ago and has wrestled in two matches, I don't
      think he's quite ready for the main event just yet. Of course, I hope
      he never will be in the main event and will be a jobber for life, but
      hey, that's just me :)

      Battle Of The Giants...
      "My heart was broken by the news that the Undertaker is still not able
      to return. The WWF needs Mr. Evil-Ass back so that he can beat the shit
      out of these pecker heads like Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Holly Boys and HHH.
      They are making the show suck and i am really getting sick of HH, I
      would also like to see Kane, Big Show, Undertaker, Rock, and Test all
      fight against each other. They could call it the battle of the gaints or
      something."
      - Tammy

      Well, I'm not the biggest Undertaker fan in the world, but I do have to
      admit that it'd be nice to see Billy Gunn and X-Pac tombstoned to hell.
      Don't mess with the Hollys and HHH though. That match you proposed
      would be very interesting, and it'd be really cool if Test came out on
      top. Gotta root for the Canadians you know.

      grrrrrrrr
      "Woof.... No body knows I'm a dog"

      ???

      The WCW 4 Stable...
      "Oh man, let me be the first to tell you how I can very well see what
      would be an awesome angle going down(if the writers will DO it)-
      everybody was so convinced that the Short Man(Tazz, duh) would be Vinnie
      Mac's hired gun to take care of Hunter- and *ahem* I was right in saying
      he'd be Angle's mystery opponent. Here's an idea I'd love to see, and
      I'm sure quite a few people would agree with me on this- Vince comes
      back with Shane. They're sick of HHH and Stephanie's bull, and are sick
      of sitting back and letting it happen so "let them introduce the NEW
      strike force in the WWF, 'SOMECHEESYSTABLENAME!'" Out step Chris
      Benoit, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, and Eddy Guererro. Vince and Shane
      have been "down south" trying to find just the right people to remedy
      this DX problem, and this is them, blah blah blah. I think it sounds
      good, anyway...."
      - Eric M.

      That's a very good angle, but my one complaint is about Chris Benoit.
      He's the best athlete out of theWCW 4 and he has the most chance of
      succeeding out of all four, and lumping him in with the other three may
      hold him back asome. Then again, maybe it won't, but I do believe Chris
      benoit will be a success in the WWF one way or another.

      For Katie...
      "Katie Katie Katie. How many times do I have to write a letter about
      your lack of intelligence before you finally shut up !?!. Everytime you
      write to Byte Back its either Bret Hart did this or Bret Hart did that.
      The fact of the matter is whether you like Bret Harts atitude or not he
      helped to shape wrestling into whaty it is today Sure you say Hogan made
      wrestling and you may be correct but Bret Hart wasnt far behind him.
      Shawn Michaels is a great wrestler and my perosnal favorite. But he
      wasnt their to shape
      wrestling and he wasnt their in the WWF at the time of Hogan and Flair.
      Bret Hart or Road Dogg? When do you stop Woman? Hart would murder the
      Road Dogg anytime. As for your little Hypocrite comment. Yes I am
      calling you a Hypocrite and if you got something to say its still
      SurfSkateX@..."
      - Mike S.

      Hey, I'm just the messenger.

      2 Questions...
      "Greetings from Down Under. I heard a rumour that a local boy, former
      world kickboxing champion Sam Greco has signed up with WCW and will
      fight under the name of Concorde or Condor. Has anyone else heard of
      this? Also I have heard the term "shootfighter" mentioned several
      times. Can some educated person enlighten me on what this actually
      means."

      I have no idea who Sam Greco is. If anyone knows, don't hesitate to
      e-mail. I believe that a shootfighter is someone who uses alot of
      submission moves along with punches and kicks. I may be way off here.
      Can anyone help me out?

      If Ya Smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
      "How can anyone like The Rock. I mean this guy here has no great in
      ring techinique, his people elbow is the most pathtic move I have ever
      seen. And all what he talks about in those speeches of his are asses.
      Is he GAY??? (no offense to anyone). And the fact that he won the
      rumble was digusting and no matter who he wrestles against he wins. I
      mean WWF does not have someone repersenting "good" and The Rock is just
      today's Shawn Micheals(I don't like Shawn). And the fact he goes around
      saying he is great and all that. Apart from Mick Foley which great
      wrestler has he beaten. And his attitude is so messed one day he will
      be getting a real ass kikcing coz of his attitude lets hope Tazz or Big
      show will do that."
      - waj

      You bring up some good points. I'm starting to tire of The Rock myself
      especially since he sucks in the ring these days. The fans eat up The
      Rock even though his gimmick is an arrogant asshole who doesn't care
      about anyone but himself. Are us fans so dense to cheer for him even
      though his character hates us? I guess so :)

      Direct TV...
      "Note on something Colin said in the news Sunday. Colin said that the
      DirecTV Preview Mentioned Mcmahon again and might be saying that Viince
      or Shane is coming back. All the siad was "Hour 1-Mcmahon Shocker; Hour
      2-Kane is out of Control." Stephanie Mcmahon is there, so this does not
      imply Vince, Shane, or Even Linda. And it would make sense for Kane to
      be "Out of Control " Being the Shocker that happened with X-Pac and
      Tori. Yes, I agree. DirecTV's previews of Raw are always wrong, and
      DirecTV are a bunch of Morons, but I just needed to clarify this."

      My question is why the hell are we even reporting DirecTV's RAW previews
      in the first place? They're not a source for wrestling news and that's
      not news anyway. Care to explain Colin? :)

      (EDITOR'S NOTE: It's simple my dear friends, we need a laugh once a
      week.)

      And so ends another excellent edition of Byte Back, see you here
      tomorrow. Same Byte Back time, same Byte Back channel.

      > WILL THEY SHOW UP?
      - The biggest news for today is the speculation if Chris Benoit, Dean
      Malenko, Saturn and Eddy Guerrero will show up on RAW. Although it was
      previously reported that their release would be on the 1st of February,
      it seems that when they signed the papers they were proclaimed free
      agents effective immidiatley, thus letting any four appearing anywhere
      anytime. According to Al Isaacs of Scoops, all four superstars are
      checked in in the hotel in Pittsburgh where the rest of the WWF crew are
      staying. Now either they are there for meetings with Ross, McMahon and
      the other highest officials or else they are there ready to kick some
      ass during RAW! However, nothing is confirmed for the foursome to appear
      on the broadcast. There's only one option to find out what happens - RAW
      Is WAR on USA Network @ 8PM EST.

      > SUPERBOWL COMMERCIALS
      - Now you can all see the three SuperBowl commercials at WWF.COM, also
      some behind the scenes footage of the making of these three commercials.
      Hey, you get to see baby Kane dressing up! :)
      http://www.wwf.com/news/headlines/ is the place to go.

      > ANGLE WINS OVER TAZZ
      - In what seems like a shocker to everyone, Olympic gold medalist Kurt
      Angle defeated former ECW champ Tazz via pinfall in two house shows over
      the weekend. But remember the wrestling rule "If it ain't on TV, it
      never happened".

      > WWFE STOCK
      - Stocks for the WWF closed at 15 7/16 a piece, a 1.98% decrease from
      their previous trade.

      > AUSTIN INTERVIEW FROM HALFTIME HEAT, By Blake Wolfson
      - Austin is saying that he feels great after his surgery. He explains
      what the doctors did in the surgery. He says that his neckbrace pisses
      him off because it is hard to drink beer; Austin talks about his
      background and football career, and says that he could have never
      imagined that he has been so popular. He says that being in WCW was
      crap, ECW was ok, but being in the WWF (as SCSA not Ringmaster) is the
      best; Austin says he will prove wrong all the doctors and make a
      triumphant return, he's done it once, he'll do it again. Austin says
      that he will never quit in getting back to being the best. Austin says
      that if he can't be 100% ever again, then he will never come back. It's
      all or nothing; Austin says that The Rock is a great talent and shows
      him nothing but respect. Austin says Triple H always wanted to be a
      leader, but he says that he (Austin) was always the man; Austin then
      says that he and Debra are engaged. Austin says that he will aim for a
      return date in about 3 months.

      ======================================
      professional wrestler? The Standups are very life-line and even come
      with an optional pre-recorded, motion-activated voice box containing
      each
      wrestler's most popular sayings. Prices are $24.95 each and $39.95 with
      the
      pre-recorded voice box. See our web site: www.guaranteedmerchandise.com
      "
      ======================================

      > NASH INJURED
      - Al Isaacs reports that Kevin Nash fractured his ankle over the
      weekend, putting him on the shelf and seriously damaging the rumored
      SuperBrawl main event. Nash was supposed to team up with the currently
      injured Scott Hall to take on the returning Ric Flair and Terry Funk.
      With Nash, Hall, Jarrett and Bret currently unable to wrestle, Scott
      Steiner is the only remaining member of the nWo which is kinda in shape.

      > FLAIR AND WCW BACK AS A TEAM
      - According to several reports, Ric Flair and WCW patched things up
      (once again) and the "Nature Boy" will have a permanent role on WCW TV
      starting from tonight. Flair is expected to have an interview, which is
      certainly going to boost up the ratings for Nitro.

      > DDP'S STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS
      - I want to clear up this rumor first…once and for all. Jim Ross said on
      the Ross Report hat Diamond Dallas Page is not in negotiations with the
      WWF. He is absolutely correct. I have in no way shape or form talked to
      anyone in the WWF about getting out of my deal and going to the WWF.
      This obviously comes down on the heels of what went down with Chris,
      Dean, Eddy and Perry. As usual, the Internet misquoted what I said on a
      radio interview. When asked if I would ever go to the WWF, I said, “When
      my contract is up two years from now, I would definitely consider it.”
      So one last time, repeat after me…”I work for WCW…no, wait…Turner
      Broadcasting…no, hold on…it’s Time Warner…oh, I forgot…it’s AOL.”
      Whatever.

      So if you are going to stick me in some rumor mill, let’s make it
      something different that doesn’t have to do with the WWF. I know…let’s
      make it an ECW rumor for a change. Just kidding.

      By the way, don’t miss Dusty on ECW on TNN this Friday night as he and
      Tommy Dreamer take on Rhino and Corino. The place was sold out and
      people were hanging from the rafters.

      While I am talking about Dusty, if you haven’t read it already check out
      the two part, two part, two part interview in Smoke Signals on the site.
      It’s a classic.

      And for the pencil necked geek out there who said I was getting heat
      from the boys for going over my spots with the camera crew and stealing
      an interview from Johnny The Bull…what an idiot you are. As far as
      camera shots are concerned, why do you think the WWF gets such
      phenomenal shots in the ring? Not just because their production is
      incredible, but because they mark everything out. I’m not talking about
      you…mark…I am talking about shots are scripted. Duh!

      As far as Johnny The Bull is concerned, for the moron who wrote that.
      Lol. Johnny The Bull and Big Vito will be featured in an upcoming
      interview with Smokey in Smoke Signals. ‘Nuff said.

      Super Bowl week here in Atlanta has been cold and icy, but the nighttime
      has been hot. Kimberly and I met up with our friend Jeff Hamilton. Jeff
      designs the leather jackets for a lot of the big sports franchises and
      is the exclusive designer for NASCAR. We all went to the NFL party where
      I ran into Herschel Walker. While talking to Herschel, Emmitt Smith came
      over and five minutes later, so did Tony Dorsett. Kimberly, Jeff and I
      got a picture with all three at the same time. It will be posted to the
      site as soon as I get it back…Diamond Dallas with Dallas’s Diamonds.

      Afterwards, we went to Magic Johnson’s party, which was a blast. Ended
      up hanging out with Kid and Play and their D.J. Whiz. Today all these
      guys are very successful producers and we had a blast.

      Saturday, I was in St. Louis for an autograph signing. Thanks to the UDC
      members who came out to get signed photos. I can’t believe I actually
      got out that night and made it in to Atlanta. It snowed all day, and
      they cancelled every flight that day. You should have seen how many
      drunken St. Louis Rams fans had been there since 10 AM that morning and
      were drinking straight through. That was one noisy plane. I guarantee
      that there are some hung over Rams fans doing it all over again.

      In closing, with some really good news. We are talking to Borders and
      Barnes & Noble about getting Positively Page into their stores in March.
      It's been your pleasure... Diamond Dallas Page

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G M E G A S T O R E **
      Visit the all new Wrestling Megastore! Faster and easier to
      navigate with over 50 new items added. Check it out at
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/megastore/%5d

      >> EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING NEWS

      NO ECW NEWS TODAY

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...