    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2000

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Sunday, January 3rd, 2000

      I S S U E # 4 9 3

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS: 12,181
      -------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      products are added. If you want to be on the list, drop us a line on
      megastore@... and we'll gladly add you up.

      ======================================
      "WWFtees.com is "Layin the Smack Down" with EXCLUSIVE WWF T-shirts.
      There are no gimmicks or nonsense at our site. Just the best wrestling
      tees on the planet. We carry the most up-to-date cutting-edge designs
      and offer the largest selection of WWF tees. Connect with us today
      because at WWFtees.com "it doesn't matter what your name is, you will
      be glad you came." | http://www.wwftees.com
      ======================================

      >> 1999 WRESTLING-ONLINE AWARDS
      Voted by...YOU...The readers!
      Compiled by Chris Ciolfitto [chris316@...]
      Summaries by Colin Vassallo [editor@...]

      Wrestler Of The Year: The Rock
      - Well who could have come closer? 99 was the year of The Rock, love him
      or hate him, he's the most entertaining superstar the business has right
      now. And those killer interviews, he's the best on the mic. Let's see if
      2000 will be a "rocky" year too!

      Tag Team Of The Year: The Hardy Boyz
      - If someone told you this two years ago, you'd be rolling on the floor
      laughing right now. Until last year, the Hardys were nothing but
      jobbers. They did the J-O-B to particularly every guy on the roster. A
      couple of matches later, a new valet, a ladder in the middle, and there
      you have 'em, the new Hardys with an attitude!

      Rookie Of The Year: Kurt Angle
      - When you mention that name to wrestling fans, one thing comes up. And
      that's "boring". He's still green, yes, sometimes boring in his matches
      too, but he's getting over as a heel quickly. He has good mic skills and
      gets his ass booed whereever he goes. And getting booed by the fans when
      you're a heel means that you're doing a pretty good job.

      Manager Of The Year: Tammy Lynn Sytch
      - This came in kind of a surprise. I thought Debra or Chyna would get
      this one, but ECW star - or former - got this one. Alot of personal
      problems are putting the artist formerly known as "Sunny" wrestling
      career in jeopardy. Let's hope she gets her act cleaned up and returns
      where she belongs!

      Match Of The Year: Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit (WCW Monday Nitro 10/4/99)
      - This was a classic, and the award goes to these two Canadian
      superstars, and rightfully so. Although the crowd wasn't that behind the
      two, both the Hit Man and the Crippler put up a solid match in honor of
      the late Owen Hart.

      Tag Team Match Of The Year: Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian Ladder Match
      (WWF No Mercy)
      - Probably better then the previous 2 ladder matches on PPV between
      Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon. Matt, Jeff, Edge and Christian put on
      the best match of their careers so far in this breath-taking ladder
      match. If you didn't see it, go and rent the video now!

      Face Of The Year: The Rock
      - You can't comment alot on this one, it was obvious. As stated in the
      first award, 99 was the year of The Rock. 'Nuff said!

      Heel Of The Year: Jeff Jarrett
      - Bookers had a rough time trying to figure out a good angle to get
      Double J over with the fans. When finally the WWF figured out the
      Jarrett vs WWF Women was working good, JJ decides to jump ship to WCW.
      Jarrett continued his angle there, then joined the nWo. He's a great
      worker, makes great heel, but for some odd reason never got that over.

      PPV Of The Year: WWF St. Valentine's Day Massacre
      - Are we sure for this one? I mean, ok, McMahon vs Austin in a cage was
      good, Mankind vs The Rock was good too, but there were other PPVs far
      better than that. SummerSlam 99 comes to mind right now.

      Angle Of The Year: Corporate Ministry
      - There were good angles this year, but the fans seems to love the
      Shane/Vince heel group fighting against the rest of the Federation. The
      Greater Power angle helped the Corporate Ministry angle boost up the
      ratings, although the man behind the mask ended up a disappointment to
      some wrestling fans.

      Commentator Of The Year: Jim Ross
      - There's only one person in the same category with Ross and that's
      Gordon Solie. However Solie is the past, and Ross is leading the pack
      right now. Although his unfortunate facial disease, good 'ol JR is still
      the best at what he does. He can make any match interesting....and don't
      you love it when he goes crazy when Steve Austin comes out or Foley
      takes a nice bump? OOH GOOOOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!

      Finishing Move Of The Year: Jeff Hardy's Senton Bomb
      - This guy is totally insane. He's one of the best high flyers in the
      wrestling industry. If you don't believe me, just check out the Ladder
      Match at No Mercy and you'll agree with me.

      As you can see this year's awards were dominated by the World Wrestling
      Federation. Only Tammy Sytch of ECW and Jeff Jarrett/Bret Hart/Chris
      Benoit of WCW made it to the list, the rest was all for the WWF.

      > THE ROCK SAYS...
      - The Rock's new book which is titled "The Rock Says..." will hit the
      stands this coming Wednesday. The book has a total of 224 pages and is
      currently in the 67th place in Amazon's sales rank. Several people
      already got hold of the book through local bookstores and there have
      been mixed reviews about it. Some say it's not worth buying while others
      say the complete opposite. You can pre-order "The Rock Says..." from the
      Wrestling Megastore at http://www.wrestling-online.com/megastore/ for
      $18.20.

      > WWFE STOCK
      - Stocks for the WWF ended trading at 16 1/8 today, that's a 6.52%
      decrease from their previous trade.

      > RAW IS WAR PREVIEW
      - After the impromptu firing of Mankind last week by Triple H and
      Stephanie McMahon on RAW, many WWF superstars, including The Rock, have
      expressed their displeasure on the subject. WWF.com is hearing that
      Triple H has a special match up his sleeve tonight for The Rock in order
      to make the Great One an example for the rest of the WWF roster.

      Speaking of Triple H, he and the rest of Degeneration X will present a
      short film documenting the recent demise of Mankind.

      Also coming to you live from Miami tonight, you will find out who the
      real Intercontinental Champion is after last week's confusion on
      SmackDown! Will it be Chris Jericho or Chyna? Find out tonight!

      Finally, tune in to see Too Cool take on the Dudley Boyz, the Godfather
      and Val Venis match up against Edge and Christian and Jeff Hardy will
      be taking on Al Snow.

      We're in store for two hours of non-stop action tonight live on RAW IS
      WAR, airing at 9 p.m./8 p.m. CT on USA Network!

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G M E G A S T O R E **
      Visit the all new Wrestling Megastore! Faster and easier to
      navigate with over 50 new items added. Check it out at
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/megastore/%5d
      ======================================

      > NEW NITRO GIRL ON THE WAY
      - Sexy model Midajah O'Hearn announced on her website that she signed a
      deal with WCW to become one of the new Nitro Girls. No other information
      was released, however you can check out her website at
      http://www.midajah.com

      > REMINDER FOR NITRO
      - Don't forget that starting tonight, WCW Nitro will only be 2 hours,
      instead of 3. It will air live from 8PM till 10PM EST.

      > A NEW COMMISSIONER TONIGHT
      - Tonight on Nitro, WCW will have its newest commissioner. Bob Ryder of
      1wrestling.com said that "almost all of the guesses are wrong." Most of
      those guesses are Ric Flair. Who should be named commissioner in a Nitro
      taking place in South Carolina? My mother? Ric Flair? Or Eric Bischoff?

      > READY TO RUMBLE MOVIE
      - Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reports that the WCW movie
      "Ready To Rumble" is tentatively set to be released on April 17th. The
      movie was produced by Warner Brothers.

      > BOOKER QUITS
      - One member of the WCW booking committee Bob Mould quit the company
      this past week. According to Dave Meltzer, Mould was hired by WCW before
      Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera jumped ship, and his ideas weren't being used
      during TV.

      > JIMMY HART INTERVIEW
      - Jason Powell, assistant editor of the Pro Wrestling Torch has an
      interesting interview with Jimmy Hart up on the site. Hart talks about
      Hogan, Russo, Hart, Bischoff, McMahon and other things. Check it out at
      http://www.prowrestlingtorch.com/cgi-bin/form.cgi?powellstake/000102_10283

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      DRESS LIKE THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
      Come visit the largest selection of Outfits, Costumes, and Lingerie the
      Internet has to offer! * 4Dancers.Com * We sell what the members of
      the "TRAIN" are wearing so look your best and come check out the site.
      Free Gift with first order. http://www.4dancers.com
      ======================================

      ECW News contributed by Luis at http://www.Just-ECW.com

      > UPCOMING SHOWS
      - Friday January 7th 2000 in Atlanta, GA At The Center Stage. For
      tickets call
      (404) 249-6400; Sunday January 9th 2000 in Birmingham, AL At The
      Boutwell Auditorium. For tickets call 1-800-277-1700 (Guilty As Charged
      PPV); Friday January 14th 2000 in
      Danbury, CT At The O'Neill Center. For tickets call (203) 744-8100;
      Saturday January 15th 2000 in Philadelphia, PA At The ECW Arena; Friday
      January 21st 2000 in Baton Rouge, LA At The Great Hall. For tickets call
      (504) 566-0820; Friday January 28th 2000 in Fort Lauderdale, FL At The
      War Memorial. For tickets call (954) 761-5380; Saturday January 29th
      2000 in Orlando, FL At The Zuma Beach Club. For tickets call (407)
      839-3900.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-2000 Wrestling-Online