    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1999

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Friday, December 31st, 1999

      I S S U E # 4 9 1

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS: 12,141
      -------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Well well well. 1999 is ending, and a new year is coming in a few hours,
      or to a few it already started. It certainly was a great year for us
      here at Wrestling-Online.com and before I go on I have to say thanks to
      a few people:

      First thanks goes to Jim at wearthis.com . He's our shirt guy, the one
      that makes and sends the shirts to everyone who wins the competitions
      here at Wrestling-Online.com .

      Michael Davey. He's the guy from Precocious Software and the man behind
      the EncycRAWpedia CD-ROM! Thanks for providing your product so we could
      run a very successful competition. And thanks for the link on your site!
      Check it out at http://www.precocioussoftware.com

      The whole team at Egroups. Very fast technical support and very helpful.
      If it wasn't for Egroups, there wouldn't be a 12,000+ mailing list here.
      You're the best in this business folks!

      Rod Sheridan in Australia from Hot Stuff, Inc. He's the guy who makes
      the WCW wrist watches that are given away every month during our PPV
      competitions. Thanks for providing us all the watches. The site is at
      http://www.hotstuff.com.au

      The whole team at ChatSystems. They provided our customized web chatroom
      for the pay-per-view broadcasts. They made it easier for people who
      can't have IRC on their PC. Thanks for the opportunity to reach a wider
      audience.

      David Oser from WWFtees.com . Starting from the Royal Rumble PPV, we
      will now give out WWF t-shirts during competitions. And that's thanks to
      David and the rest of the WWFTees.com team!

      To Jon Lamb from 4Dancers. He put up our ad between some beautiful
      chicks wearing lingerie. And you wrestling fans know that T&A is the
      perfect tag team of professional wrestling, and no one can deny that! If
      you want to buy some nice kinky outfits for your girlfriend or wife I
      recommend you visit http://www.4dancers.com

      A huge thanks to Amazon, DVDExpress, CDNow, AllWall, KBKids and GameCave
      for helping in the creation and technical support of the Wrestling
      Megastore.

      The staff at BigMailBox, who replied promptly when users of
      Wrestling-Fan.com e-mail service needed help.

      To Wade Savoy from Kirkpatrick and Lockhart LLP (WWF lawyers), for
      chasing my ass throught the year. Even though I enjoyed the little chat
      we had on the phone, I hope I'll never hear from you again. :)

      The folks at HiSpeed.com . Wrestling-Online.com runs on their 'little
      toys'. Thank you for shutting the site down earlier this year, don't do
      it again jabronies :)

      To the advertising companies Datacom and Valueclick. They keep signing
      in those nice checks so we cover costs for the three websites. Keep 'em
      coming :)

      To Chris Colbourne, Ralph Aversa and Justin Pass who for the past year
      provided live text play by play in our chat room during the PPV
      broadcasts. The last 2 are the 'new ones' and they've done a pretty good
      job so far.

      Iain Burnside and Chris Ciolfitto who hear the first crazy ideas for the
      newsletter and help with the ideas. They are what Gerald Brisco and Patt
      Patterson are to Vince McMahon :) I don't know if any of them are gays
      though, maybe you should ask them! :)

      To the rest of the staff - past and current - for sending in articles
      every week for the past year, their help is greatly appriciated. I won't
      mention names because I know that I'll forget someone. But they know who
      they are.

      To everyone who sent in results and news from house shows or autograph
      signings.

      And last but not least, you - the readers. I often get mails to
      subscribe their friends. Thanks for spreading the word about us.

      We started 1999 with a total of 8,881 subscribers. Now we're ending 1999
      with 12,141 subscribers. That's over 3,200 new currently active
      subscribers. Not bad at all. Actually we had over more new subs this
      year, but they decided to unsubscribe from the newsletter.

      Looking forward...

      Yes, it's finally coming...ECW! Ok sit down now. We teamed up with
      Just-ECW.com to bring you ECW news everyday here in the newsletter. The
      poll we did around 2 months ago was very positive, and we give what the
      readers want. So Louis will help us with the ECW section. You can visit
      the site at http://www.just-ecw.com

      Thunder and Smackdown reports. They're not both on Thursdays anymore, so
      we'll be sending both reports every Fridays. Many people requested these
      reports, so they will be coming in your mailbox starting at the end of
      next week.

      I can't say anything more for now. New ideas for the newsletter will be
      introduced throughout the year.

      Ok, it's now time to go. I hope each and everyone of you will have a
      safe New Year's Eve. Don't drink if you're gonna drive (I sound like a
      parent...AAA!) And oh yeah, I hope your PC is ready for the Y2K
      phenomenon. Maybe tomorrow you'll start the PC and suddenly the date is
      1900 or 1980. Hehehe! And from tomorrow, start worrying about the Y3K
      bug folks. If Y2K caused this much trouble...geeez I wonder what the 3
      one will do! Thank God I won't be here by the time that happens! :)

      So, this is it, the final issue of the millennium!

      Along with the staff of Wrestling-Online.com we wish you and your family
      members a very happy new year. I'll see ya next year! (Next edition is
      January 2nd)

      Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      DRESS LIKE THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
      Come visit the largest selection of Outfits, Costumes, and Lingerie the
      Internet has to offer! * 4Dancers.Com * We sell what the members of
      the "TRAIN" are wearing so look your best and come check out the site.
      Free Gift with first order. http://www.4dancers.com
      ======================================

      > THREE NEW SITES FOR THE WWF
      - 3 new sites were introduced in the WWF.com family. 2 of them are
      currently open while the other one is still under construction. The
      first one is www.ho-train.com , a site dedicated to all the Ho's and
      maybe soon-to-be Godfather Ho's! The second is www.wwffanz.com featuring
      signs and other information on the fans of the World Wrestling
      Federation. The last one is undertaker.com , which is still under
      contstruction and will be opened soon.

      > INJURIES AT THE WWF
      - Jim Ross reports that five superstars are currently injured. These are
      the British Bulldog, who is suffering from bruises and lower back
      strain; Big Boss Man who's still recuperating from the concussion; D'Lo
      Brown is suffering from a hairline fracture near his shoulder blade;
      Matt Hardy has a broken cheekbone; and Mark Henry will have an MRI next
      week to determine if his injured elbow requires surgery.

      > SURPRISE TONIGHT
      - The WWF promised a surprise tonight on the "Eve Of Destruction"
      broadcast on USA Network. The WWF New Year's Eve special will start at
      11PM and will go on till 30 seconds past midnight. The 30 seconds extra
      are supposed to be the special surprise, probably a promo on a
      superstar. Many people speculate this will be the first promo of Tazz,
      who will be legally able to appear on WWF TV after midnight. How about a
      "Happy F'N New Year" promo?

      > MCMAHON COMMENTS ON SAVAGE AND HOGAN
      - During yesterday's Byte This!, Vince McMahon commented on the possible
      involvement of Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage in the World Wrestling
      Federation. Although he said 'never say never', he particularly stated
      that he wouldn't bring them for a wrestling role, but rather for another
      role in the company.

      > FORMER WWF WRESTLER HOSPITALIZED
      - According to Georgiann Makropoulos on 1wrestling.com, Superstar Billy
      Graham was hospitalized over the Christmas weekend due to pneumonia.
      Graham is a former WWF champion and many fans remember him coming to the
      ring with "The Rock" Don Muraco.

      > SITE FOR LILINA GARCIA!
      - WWF female announcer has her new website up at
      http://www.lilliangarcia.com/ . The design isn't the best out there but
      I guess it does the job. Check it out!

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G M E G A S T O R E **
      Visit the all new Wrestling Megastore! Faster and easier to
      navigate with over 50 new items added. Check it out at
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/megastore/%5d
      ======================================

      > GOLDBERG FILMING COMMERCIAL
      - Curt Creighton reports that Goldberg will be filming a commercial
      later this month for the Public Service Announcement regarding buckling
      seat belts. Goldberg will be joined by the Williams sisters from the
      sport of tennis.

      > TAYLOR DROPS BELT
      - WCW official Terry Taylor recently dropped the NWA North American
      title to Colorado Kid. Taylor will no longer be participating in
      independent shows, and will now concentrate more on his WCW duties,
      mainly booking the house shows.

      > GOLDBERG UPDATE
      - Some people in WCW are saying that Goldberg will be out for 10 weeks
      or more, while others say that he'll be back within 6 weeks. Goldberg
      received 40 stitches in his arm after he smashed the window of the limo.

      > SAVAGE ABSCENSE
      - Dave Meltzer reports that the reason Randy Savage hasn't been on WCW
      TV or any other autograph signings is because his contract had a maximum
      number of work days, and those days are already surpassed, so legally he
      had no obligation to participate in any events. Macho's contract is
      about to expire and no other word has been said if he's going to re-sign
      with the company.

      > THE MASKED MAN
      - The man who's been sporting the mask on Nitro is WCW supertar Van
      Hammer.

      >> 1999 WRESTLING-ONLINE AWARDS
      By Chris Ciolfitto, [1999awards@...]

      Everyone can participate, and you can vote for anyone from WWF, WCW or
      ECW in each category. There's no seperate voting for each federation in
      each category though, just one vote for each but you're free to vote for
      who you wish! You need to send in 12 votes, one for each category!

      TO PARTICIPATE SEND IN YOUR VOTES TO:
      1999awards@...

      Here are the 12 categories for the 1999 Westling-Online Awards!

      Wrestler Of The Year Tag Team Of The Year
      Match Of The Year Tag Team Match Of The Year
      Rookie Of The Year Manager Of The Year
      Face Of The Year Heel Of The Year
      PPV Of The Year Angle Of The Year
      Commentator Of The Year Finishing Move Of The Year

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online