    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Thursday, December 2nd, 1999

      I S S U E # 4 6 5

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS: 11,934
      -------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Not alot of news today, it was kinda slow. From now on till the end of
      the year there will be info on the 1999 Wrestling-Online Awards at the
      end of each newsletter. So if you didn't vote yet, do it now.

      Comments for Byte Back should be sent to Editor@... for
      this week. Hopefully Charlie will return sometime next week. Keep
      sending those letters.

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G A U C T I O N S **

      Do you have anything wrestling related you wish you could sell? Do you
      want to buy a video or action figure and you can't find it? Wrestling
      Auctions will be the answer to all your questions! 100% FREE!
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/auctions/%5d
      ======================================

      > WWF LOSES MORE ADVERTISERS
      - You can now add Ford and Wendy's to the list of Coca Cola, US Army, US
      Navy, US Coast Guard, Mars/M&Ms. They are now completely off WWF
      Smackdown! With pressure from the PTC, major advertisers are backing
      down, however WWF are quickly replacing lost sponsors with other major
      companies.

      > WWFE STOCK NEWS
      - WWF's stocks hit rock bottom (no pun intended) today, ending with it's
      lowest ever since going public. The stock decreased 7.21% making the
      shares $18 1/2 a piece. Funny enough, stock analysts said that the WWFE
      stock will go over 30 by the end of the year.

      > WWFNY
      - The WWF restaurant in New York will now open on the 19th of January.
      They didn't manage to open it up for Christmas and the New Year and now
      the grand opening will be just a few days before the 2000 Royal Rumble.
      NBA & NFL players along with movie personalites and others are expected
      to attend the opening. It's now rumored that the WWF will also open the
      same type of restaurant in Florida and Las Vegas.

      > SHAMROCK TO RETURN
      - Mike Samuda over at WrestleLine reports that the "World's most
      dangerous man" Ken Shamrock will be cleared to return in mid December.
      Shamrock is currently out with a neck injury and just recently signed
      for two more years with the WWF.

      > GATES & FIGURES
      - Nov 23 - Smackdown in Rochester, NY drew a sellout 8,884 paying
      $225,251.
      - Nov 26 - San Jose, CA draw 15,138 paying $372,894.
      - Nov 27 - San Francisco, CA drew 2,034 paying $287,011 for a 2PM show
      - Nov 27 - Sacramento, CA drew a sellout 16,231 paying $381,201
      - Nov 28 - Bakersfield, CA drew 6,395 paying $185,593.
      - Nov 29 - RAW in Los Angeles drew a sellout 13,222 paying $421,763.
      (Observer)

      > FAN'S NOTES FROM SMACKDOWN TAPINGS
      - Thanks to J. Thompson for sending this! "Wrestlemania 2000 is being
      hailed as the biggest wrestling event ever. Every seat in the Pond
      (Anaheim) was graced with a special priority ticket order form with
      prices for seating which was pretty damn steep. This will also be the
      same method they will do this weekend on www.wwf.com. Tickets for the
      event will go on sale at a later date to the public. The Rock was living
      up to his title as the most electrifying man in the WWF. Acolytes and
      The Dudleys got huge pops. Jericho is living up to his hype thank God.
      His segment w/Mankind was great. The Rock and Y2J shirts were selling
      out fast. The next WWF events for the LA/Anaheim area are March 31,
      April 3. Raw Is War will be back at the Staples Center the night after
      Wrestlemania
      2000. Tickets will go on sale in Feb. And the WWF Axxess:Fanfest will be
      WM2K weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center.

      > SMACKDOWN PREVIEW
      - The repercussions from the wedding that wasn't will be felt on
      SmackDown! tonight at 8 p.m./7 p.m. CT on UPN! Undoubtedly, the McMahon
      family will be enraged and emotionally shaken after Triple H ruined the
      most important night of Stephanie McMahon and Test's lives on RAW. What
      will Vince have in store for Triple H on SmackDown!?

      A shattered Test has not been heard from since the wedding disaster.
      Will he be able to look past what happened with Hunter or will the shock
      be too much for him to handle?

      The Rock and Al Snow had a few problems of their own on RAW, and these
      two superstars will hook up in a one-on-one contest on SmackDown! Will
      Mankind let this battle go down or can he bridge the gap between his
      "two best friends?" All this and much more tonight at 8 p.m./ 7 p.m. CT
      on UPN!

      > TORRIE WILSON COMMENTS ON WCW
      - From: TorrieWilson.com
      "December 1- Hi guys! The rumor going around town is that I have been
      released from WCW as of late. All I can say is that WCW and my agent
      have not been able to agree on much in the way of a contract and that I
      hope that things work out with them...but I also know that everything
      happens for a reason and I have a lot of options at the moment and, as
      always, will just go with the flow of things! I will be shooting with a
      fashion photographer today in downtown Los Angeles and am looking
      forward to it...this photographer is awesome! Have ya checked out my
      profile on playboy.com?.....Be sure to do so and I hope you like it!
      (sorry, but no, I didn't shoot with them) Later Gators!"

      > ICP BACK?
      - The official website of the Insane Clown Posse reports that the duo
      will make their 1,000,000th return on the December 13th edition of WCW
      Nitro. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass. Do you?

      > GATES & FIGURES
      - Nov 23 - Toledo, OH for WCW Saturday Night drawing 1,648 paying
      $39,936
      - Nov 26 - San Angelo, TX drew 2,223 paying $44,415.
      - Nov 27 - Belton, TX drew 2,436 paying $53,565.
      - Nov 29 - Denver, CO drew 10,086 paid and 2,795 comps for a $286,175
      gross.
      (Observer)

      > WCW NITRO GRILL LAUNCHES SHOPPING SITE
      LAS VEGAS--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Dec. 1, 1999--The WCW Nitro Grill
      announced today the establishment of its Internet site
      www.nitrogrill.com offering an exclusive selection of Nitro Grill
      wrestling apparel, collectibles, accessories and memorabilia.

      The newly launched site is a one-step solution for shoppers who want to
      choose from a great selection of gift items.

      ``We developed the site to make the wrestling fan's shopping experience
      an easy one,'' explained Karl Rogers, President of Sitka Restaurant
      Group, Inc. which owns and operates the WCW Nitro Grill in the Excalibur
      Hotel in Las Vegas. ``We have a variety of specialty signature line
      items that consumers won't find in their hometown.''

      Gifts, apparel, collectibles, stocking stuffers, even replica Authentic
      Championship Belts are available. Shoppers can add these and other
      products to their shopping carts as they browse the Web site.

      To launch their new online store, nitrogrill.com is offering a Goldberg
      special edition mug, key chain and autographed card. A certificate of
      authenticity is included.

      Visitors to the Web site can also sign up for a monthly e-mail
      newsletter and receive updates about current and upcoming autograph
      sessions and special promotions. Since opening in May 1999, the Nitro
      Grill has hosted and fed the best wrestlers in the world. This truly is
      `Where the Big Boys Eat!'

      ``Nature Boy'' Ric Flair is scheduled to appear for a free autograph
      session at the Grill on Dec. 2 from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.

      In addition to shopping, nitrogrill.com offers a link for room
      reservations for the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas.

      For more information, surf to www.nitrogrill.com or e-mail
      feedme@...

      Sitka Restaurant Group Inc. acquired from 4Kids Entertainment Inc.
      (Nasdaq/NM:KIDE - news) the exclusive licensing rights to develop the
      WCW Nitro Grill restaurant and retail complex based on Time Warner
      Inc.'s (NYSE:TWX - news) World Championship Wrestling. Sitka Restaurant
      Group is a subsidiary of American Vantage Companies (Nasdaq:AVCS -
      news).

      >> 1999 WRESTLING-ONLINE AWARDS
      By Chris Ciolfitto, [1999awards@...]

      Everyone can participate, and you can vote for anyone from WWF, WCW or
      ECW in each category. There's no seperate voting for each federation in
      each category though, just one vote for each but you're free to vote for
      who you wish! You need to send in 12 votes, one for each category!

      TO PARTICIPATE SEND IN YOUR VOTES TO:
      1999awards@...

      Here are the 12 categories for the 1999 Westling-Online Awards!

      Wrestler Of The Year Tag Team Of The Year
      Match Of The Year Tag Team Match Of The Year
      Rookie Of The Year Manager Of The Year
      Face Of The Year Heel Of The Year
      PPV Of The Year Angle Of The Year
      Commentator Of The Year Finishing Move Of The Year

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online