    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 1999
      TO UNSUBSCRIBE E-MAIL: wrestling-online-unsubscribe@egroups.com

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Wednesday, December 1st, 1999

      I S S U E # 4 6 4

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS: 11,939
      -------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      We're kicking off the 1999 Wrestling-Online Awards in this issue. This
      is the 4th annual awards thing we're doing, as always hosted by Chris
      Ciolfitto. Last year there was a huge response, and this year we want
      more! I guess that with more then 3,000 new subscribers over the past
      year, we should have more votes! Check the below section for more info!

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G A U C T I O N S **

      Do you have anything wrestling related you wish you could sell? Do you
      want to buy a video or action figure and you can't find it? Wrestling
      Auctions will be the answer to all your questions! 100% FREE!
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/auctions/%5d
      ======================================

      >> 1999 WRESTLING-ONLINE AWARDS
      By Chris Ciolfitto, [1999awards@...]

      Everyone can participate, and you can vote for anyone from WWF, WCW or
      ECW in each category. There's no seperate voting for each federation in
      each category though, just one vote for each but you're free to vote for
      who you wish! You need to send in 12 votes, one for each category!

      TO PARTICIPATE SEND IN YOUR VOTES TO:
      1999awards@...

      Here are the 12 categories for the 1999 Westling-Online Awards!

      Wrestler Of The Year Tag Team Of The Year
      Match Of The Year Tag Team Match Of The Year
      Rookie Of The Year Manager Of The Year
      Face Of The Year Heel Of The Year
      PPV Of The Year Angle Of The Year
      Commentator Of The Year Finishing Move Of The Year

      Here are the past award winners...

      Wrestler Of The Year:
      1996 - Shawn Michaels
      1997 - Steve Austin
      1998 - (WWF) The Rock, (WCW) Chris Jericho

      Tag Team Of The Year:
      1996 - Owen Hart & British Bulldog
      1997 - The Headbangers
      1998 - (WWF) New Age Outlaws

      Rookie Of The Year:
      1996 - Rocky Maivia / Marc Mero *TIE*
      1997 - Ken Shamrock
      1998 - (WWF) Val Venis / Edge *TIE*, (WCW) Bret Hart / Bam Bam Bigelow
      *TIE*

      Manager Of The Year:
      1996 - Sunny
      1997 - The Commandant
      1998 - (WWF) Paul Bearer, (WCW) Sunny Onoo

      Match Of The Year:
      1996 - Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania 12)
      1997 - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - Hell In The Cell (IYH: Badd
      Blood)
      1998 - (WWF) The Undertaker vs. Mankind - Hell In The Cell (King Of The
      Ring), (WCW) Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg (Monday Nitro 7/6/98)

      Tag Team Match Of The Year:
      1996 - Smoking Gunns vs Owen Hart & British Bulldog (IYH: Mind Games)
      1997 - The Hart Foundation vs. Steve Austin, Goldust, Ken Shamrock & The
      LOD (IYH: Canadian Stampede)
      1998 - (WWF) Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs. New Age Outlaws -
      Dumpster Match (WrestleMania 14)

      Face Of The Year:
      1996 - Shawn Michaels
      1997 - Steve Austin
      998 - (WWF) Steve Austin, (WCW) Kevin Nash

      Heel Of The Year:
      1996 - Steve Austin
      1997 - Bret Hart
      1998 - (WWF) The Rock, (WCW) Chris Jericho

      PPV Of The Year:
      1996 - WrestleMania XII
      1997 - IYH: Canadian Stampede
      1998 - (WWF) WrestleMania 14, (WCW) World War 3

      Angle Of The Year:
      1996 - Shawn Michaels/British Bulldog/Diana Smith affair angle
      1997 - Canada vs. USA angle
      1998 - (WWF) Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon, (WCW) Chris Jericho vs.
      Goldberg

      Commentator Of The Year:
      1996 - Jerry Lawler
      1997 - Jerry Lawler
      1998 - (WWF) Jerry Lawler, (WCW) Bobby Heenan

      Finishing Move Of The Year:
      1996 - Bret Hart's Sharpshooter
      1997 - Stone Cold Stunner
      1998 - (WWF) Stone Cold Stunner, (WCW) Jackhammer

      -Retired Categories-

      Best Entrance:
      1996 - Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XII
      1997 - The Hart Foundation at Canadian Stampede
      1998 - (WWF) The Brood, (WCW) Goldberg

      > RAW RATINGS
      - The wedding destroys the opposition! Personally I didn't expect this
      to happen, but the numbers show another story. RAW started off with a
      6.3 and went in the second hour with a huge 6.7. Composite for the show
      was 6.5. Quarter hour breakdowns are as follows: 6.2, 6.5, 6.3, 6.3,
      6.9, 6.5, 6.8, 6.3, and 7.3. Damn! The wedding gets a 7.3! I guess the
      'entertainment' part wins over 'wrestling' in this case. (Scherer)

      > WEEKEND RATINGS
      - Live Wire did a 1.7 rating; Superstars did a 1.9 and Heat did a 3.1
      rating. (Scherer)

      > UK PPV EVENT SOLD OUT
      - According some friends in the UK, the next WWF show in UK which will
      take place in Earls Court on May 6th 2000 sold out in just 2 hours. And
      folks, that's 30,000 plus tickets. And oh yeah, yours truly is supposed
      to be there, and tickets are already booked! Yay!

      > BYTE THIS GUEST
      - The 'human suplex machine' Taz will be the special guest of Byte This!
      tomorrow night on WWF.com! It will sure be an interesting chat, with
      this former ECW heavyweight champion.

      > FOLEY ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
      - Mick Foley appeared on TSN's Off The Record and made the announcement
      that's been floating around the net for quite a few days now. He's
      making his retirement, and he made it public. For the full report
      written by John C, read it at:
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/messages/2328.html

      > SURVIVOR SERIES BUYRATE
      - According to Dave Meltzer, the Survivor Series buy rate is around the
      1.14 mark, which translates to 425,000 buys.

      > WWFE STOCKS GO DOWN
      - It's going down down down each day. Since the campaign to kick off WWF
      Smackdown! from TV started by the PTC, the stocks were effected
      immidiatley. To add to the chaos, Coca Cola removed their ads from WWF
      TV, the US Army also, as did some other companies. The stocks are now
      trading at $19 15/16 a piece, down 0.93% from yesterday.

      > MICHAELS IN ECW?
      - Wade Keller, editor of the Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that Shawn
      Michaels expressed insterest in being involved in an ECW angle. Michaels
      is a friend of Justin Credible, who's said being part of the kliq. It
      will be interesting to see how this thing ends up. Michaels recently
      worked as a referee in an FMW event. Shawn is still under WWF contract.

      > WWF RELEASES FACTS AND FIGURES
      - World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc. Announces Second
      Quarter Results STAMFORD, CT--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 30, 1999--
      Operating Earnings of $0.24 Per Share Before Non-cash Charge

      World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc. (NMS: WWFE) announced
      revenues and results for the second quarter ended October 29, 1999.

      Net revenues for the second quarter ended October 29, 1999 increased to
      $88.3 million compared to $53.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal
      1999, an increase of $34.9 million or 65%. Earnings before interest,
      taxes, depreciation, amortization and a non-cash charge (EBITDA)
      increased to $21.5 million compared to $13.2 million in the second
      quarter of fiscal 1999, an increase of $8.3 million or 63%. Operating
      income (before the non-cash charge) increased to $21.0 million compared
      to $12.7 million in the second quarter of fiscal 1999, an increase of
      $8.3 million or 65%. In accordance with current accounting treatment,
      the Company recorded a non-cash charge of $6.0 million or $0.10 per
      share (basic and diluted) related to granting stock options to certain
      performers who are independent contractors. The options, which vest over
      three years, were granted in conjunction with the Company's October 19,
      1999 initial public offering.

      Commenting on results, Linda McMahon, President and CEO, said, "We had
      another terrific quarter with operating earnings of $0.24 per share
      before non-cash charge as we continued to develop the World Wrestling
      Federation as a mainstream entertainment brand. The big news was the
      highly successful launch in August of WWF SmackDown! on UPN -- our first
      prime time broadcast television show. The show is number one with males
      12-24 on Thursday nights. It's number three for that same demographic
      against all prime time shows. And Nielsen ratings have steadily
      increased since its premiere, averaging 4.5 to date. Recently, it
      achieved a high of a 5.1 rating on November 11th with a guest appearance
      by Arnold Schwarzenegger."

      Net income and earnings per share comparisons were affected by the
      change in tax status when the Company converted to a C corporation from
      an S corporation for federal tax purposes upon going public. In the
      second quarter of fiscal 2000, the Company was required to record a
      cumulative tax adjustment as a C corporation by pro-rating its income as
      a C corporation and S corporation. This resulted in an effective tax
      rate for the quarter of 48%. As an S corporation in the second quarter
      of fiscal 1999, the preponderance of income taxes was paid by the
      Company's sole stockholder, resulting in an effective tax rate for the
      Company of 3%. Consequently, net income (after the non-cash charge) was
      $7.8 million or $0.14 per share (basic and diluted) compared to net
      income of $12.2 million or $0.22 per share (basic and diluted) in the
      second quarter of fiscal 1999. For the current fiscal year, which ends
      April 30, 2000, the effective tax rate will be approximately 22%.

      Second Quarter Revenue Analysis

      Live and Televised Entertainment net revenues were $60.9 million
      compared to $36.2 million during the second quarter of fiscal 1999, an
      increase of $24.7 million or 68%. Key revenue drivers, including
      pay-per-view buys, TV ratings, and live event attendance, continued to
      be strong. In addition to the introduction of WWF SmackDown!,
      advertising revenues reflected the sale by the Company of more available
      time on the Company's USA Network shows coupled with higher ratings. The
      Company's flagship WWF Raw is War on USA averaged a 5.8 rating compared
      to 4.2 in the year ago quarter, according to Nielsen Media Research.
      Live event revenues reflected an increase in the average ticket price
      and the sale of more available higher priced seats.

      Branded Merchandise net revenues were $27.4 million compared to $17.2
      million in the second quarter of fiscal 1999, an increase of $10.2
      million or 59%. Licensing benefited from ongoing success in the toy and
      video game categories. The Company's Internet site -- www.wwf.com --
      continued to break its own records, reaching 157 million page views for
      the month of October. Aided by an expanded and fully dedicated sales
      force, this boosted Internet advertising revenues to $1.4 million
      compared to only $100,000 in the second quarter of fiscal 1999.
      Publishing revenues also increased due to continued circulation growth
      of the Company's monthly magazines -- WWF and RAW.

      Looking ahead, Mrs. McMahon said, "Trends established during the first
      half of the year are continuing in the second half. Television ratings
      continue to be strong. Our November Survivor Series pay-per-view was
      another success. Calendar fourth quarter advertising is sold out. Our
      new music CD, WWF The Music, Volume 4, went platinum within weeks of its
      release. Our latest book publishing project, Have a Nice Day! by
      Mick `Mankind' Foley hit number two on The New York Times
      non-fiction best seller list and has spent more than five weeks on the
      list."

      First Half Results

      For the six months ended October 29, 1999, net revenues increased to
      $164.5 million compared to $92.5 million for the same period last year,
      an increase of $72.0 million or 78%. EBITDA increased to $42.7 million
      compared to $18.9 million for the same period last year, an increase of
      $23.8 million or 126%. Operating income (before the non-cash charge)
      increased to $41.5 million compared to $18.0 million, an increase of
      $23.5 million or 131%. Net income and earnings per share comparisons
      were affected by the change in tax status when the Company converted to
      a C corporation from an S corporation upon going public. This resulted
      in an effective tax rate of 22% for the six months ended October 1999
      compared to 3% for the same period last year. Consequently, net income
      (after the non-cash charge of $6.0 million or $0.10 per share) was $28.1
      million or $0.49 per share (basic and diluted) compared to net income of
      17.3 million or $0.31 per share (basic and diluted) for the same period
      last year.

      In connection with its IPO, the Company issued 11.5 million shares
      (including the exercise of the underwriter's over-allotment of 1.5
      million shares) of class A common stock at $17 per share. After
      deducting commissions and other related expenses, net proceeds were
      $179.5 million.

      World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc. is an integrated media
      and entertainment company principally engaged in the development,
      production and marketing of television programming, pay per view
      programming, live events and the licensing and sale of branded consumer
      products. The Company also distributes news and information about its
      programming and products through its main website, wwf.com.

      Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking
      statements, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These
      risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live,
      broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, and Internet
      entertainment; and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's
      media and merchandise within those markets; and other risks and
      factors identified in the Company's Prospectus dated October 18,
      1999 and filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual
      results could differ materially from those currently anticipated

      > NITRO RATINGS
      - A good show, but the viewers weren't there. A solid main event, but a
      wedding on the other channel ruined it up! The first hour of Nitro got a
      3.8, down to 2.8 in the second hour and still a 2.8 in the third.
      Composite for the show was a 3.1. Quarter hour breakdows are as follows:
      3.4, 3.7, 4.0, 4.1, 2.7, 2.5, 3.0, 2.8, 2.8, 2.8, 2.6, 3.0, and 2.7. In
      head to head competition, Nitro lost 2.8 to 6.5. Pretty good beating
      this week. (Scherer)

      > PPV BUYRATES
      - According to Dave Meltzer, Halloween Havoc received a 0.52 buyrate,
      while Mayhem from Canada got an even lower 0.45.

      > TORRIE WILSON'S FUTURE IN TROUBLE
      - Once again, WCW and Torrie Wilson's agent are not exactly on good
      terms. Wilson is working without a contract, and there have been alot of
      arguments between the two parties over a contract. It seems that none of
      them can come to terms when it comes to a signature on a paper. We'll
      see where this goes in a few days!

      > WCW LIVE GUESTS
      - Tonight on WCW Live, the "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart will be on
      the show, and on Friday, Bill Banks will join in for the Nitro preview.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online