    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Sunday, October 31st, 1999

      I S S U E # 4 3 7

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS: 11,769
      -------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Nothing to say today! Enjoy reading!

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G A U C T I O N S **

      Do you have anything wrestling related you wish you could sell? Do you
      want to buy a video or action figure and you can't find it? Wrestling
      Auctions will be the answer to all your questions! 100% FREE!
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/auctions/%5d
      ======================================

      > WWF @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
      - Godfather defeated Viscera; D'Lo Brown defeated Mideon; Big Bossman &
      Big Show ended in a Double DQ; The Hollys defeated New Age Outlaws;
      Mankind defeated Val Venis; X-Pac defeated Kane; British Bulldog
      defeated Test; The Rock defeated Chris Jericho; Edge, Christian & The
      Hardy Boys defeated The Dudley Boys and The Acolytes; Steve Austin
      defeated Triple H via DQ.

      > SCREENSHOTS OF SMACKDOWN!
      - Gamefan.com have some screenshots of the upcoming WWF PlayStation game
      Smackdown! Smackdown! is being developed by Yukes, and distributed by
      THQ. The game uses the same engine used on All Japan Pro Wrestling. WWF
      Smackdown! will only be available for PSX users, while WWF WrestleMania
      2000 will only be for those who have N64. Smackdown! is expected to come
      out in the first quarter of 2000.

      > SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT PREVIEW
      - This Sunday night on HEAT at 7/6 CT on USA Network, the Hardcore
      Hollys defend their WWF Tag Team Championships against the Acolytes!
      Everyone remembers the damage Bradshaw and Faarooq caused in the bar
      last Monday night -- but can they have a repeat performance on HEAT?

      The Mean Street Posse never met an uneven fight they didn't like, so
      there's plenty for them to like about their match-up this Sunday Night
      on HEAT against the Hadbangers!

      The Godfather must still be fuming over what Sexual Chocolate did to him
      last week. Even though he's a fun-lovin' pimp, you've gotta believe
      he'll be taking out some aggression on the Blue Meanie this Sunday
      night!

      > TRAVEL PACKAGES FOR WRESTLEMANIA
      - If you're interested in going to WrestleMania XVI, the WWF's travel
      club just announced its package for the April event. (Make sure you're
      sitting down before you proceed reading!) The Platinum package which
      includes a ringside seat, 4 day hotel, fan fest tickets etc costs
      $1305.00 per person or $1115 for a double occupancy. The Golden Package
      which has the same features but not a ringside seats costs $995.00 per
      person and $800 for double occupancy. More info at
      http://www.wwf.com/events/travel/index.html

      > FORMER WWF SUPERSTAR WINS AJPW TRIPLE CROWN
      - Vader won the All-Japan Pro Wrestling Triple Crown for the second time
      after defeating Mitsuharu Misawa with a powerbomb in a match that lasted
      a few over 12 minutes. The AJPW Triple Crown consists of Pacific
      Wrestling Federation championship, NWA International championship and
      United National championship

      > WWF'S PROTECTOR DOESN'T LIKE TO GET PHYSICAL
      By Cody Monk, dallasnews.com

      - Jim Dotson, the WWF's director of protective services since 1996,
      stirred his coffee and took a quick sip before cracking a big smile. He
      knew the question was coming. Finding a different way to answer it was
      the challenge.

      "I don't get involved physically," Dotson responded. "That's the simple
      answer." That's why Dotson doesn't get in the ring. His physical
      stature, however, suggests he should be wrestling the federation's top
      stars, not protecting them.

      At 6-0 and a chiseled 260 pounds, the former Mr. Tennessee is an
      imposing presence at live WWF events. Dotson is highly visible at WWF
      events. He's the large man with the strange hat leading wrestlers
      through the crowds and making sure nothing or no one in
      the audience interferes with them.

      Dotson, 34, has been hit with so many beer cups he can almost name the
      brand on contact. He's been pelted with food and all sorts of other
      objects. Most of the time, WWF fans
      are well behaved, Dotson said. At times, though, he has had to draw the
      line between the audience having fun and protecting a wrestler.

      "In our business, the last thing you want to do is get physical," Dotson
      said. "That's a last resort. But I have had physical confrontations
      before."

      Dotson is a full-time WWF employee who worked 300 shows in 1998. Before
      coming to the WWF, he owned his own protective services company in
      Nashville, where he still lives.

      Growing up in Nashville, where he went to a private Christian school
      from kindergarten through his senior year, Dotson was a passive
      wrestling fan. He got turned on to the business in earnest while playing
      linebacker at Middle Tennessee State.

      "I was in a bar one night during school," said Dotson, whose nickname is
      "Big Jim." "I was about 225 (pounds) at the time, and I really thought I
      was bringing it. A guy came
      up to me and asked me if I wanted to work the Hank Williams Jr. concert.
      I said, 'Sure.' The next day I was in front of 20,000 people."

      The one-time job led to providing security at wrestling events in
      Nashville after Dotson finished school. During this time, he met Mark
      Callaway, who was about to sign with the WWF and become The Undertaker.

      Dotson and Callaway became close friends and kept in contact even after
      Callaway moved on. When WWF owner Vince McMahon began having security
      concerns at events in late 1995, Callaway said he knew a person who
      could help.

      "I was working with my company in Nashville when (Callaway) called one
      day," said Dotson, who travels from show to show with Callaway. "I flew
      up there, and Vince told me he was having some security problems. I told
      him I was the answer to those problems."

      Dotson, however, remains a mystery to those who see him. With his size,
      strength and background, why not jump in the ring? "I'd by lying if I
      said I haven't thought about it," Dotson said. "But, I'm here to do a
      job. I'm not in this business because I have a big ego or because I want
      the recognition. I get recognized plenty by the fans. But mostly it's
      with strange looks and people saying 'Who's that guy with the hat? I've
      seen him before.'" Chances are you have, but not in the ring.

      ** W R E S T L I N G M E G A S T O R E **

      Three new WWF videos arrived at the Wrestling Megastore!
      Hunter & Chyna "It's Our Time", Andre The Giant "Larger Than Life"
      and Austin vs McMahon! You can pre-order these videos for $13.99 each!
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/megastore%5d

      > WCW NITRO PREVIEW, WCW.com
      - Last Nitro, WCW's Heavyweight tournament provided fans with a plethora
      of surprises. According to our sources, the party has just begun. The
      new "powers that be" have given WCW.com the inside skinny on this week's
      tourney matches. Click here to see what wrestlers are returning, what
      feuds are refueling and the possibilities for the unexpected... WCW
      World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Matches:

      Vampiro vs. Berlyn; Ernest Miller vs. Lash LaRoux; Buff Bagwell vs.
      Stevie Ray; Disco Inferno vs. Curt Hennig; Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett;
      Dean Malenko vs. Chris Benoit; Madusa vs. Evan Karagias; Scott Hall vs.
      Sid Vicious.

      > DDP & KIMBERLY APPERANCES
      - Two time two time two time WCW heavyweight champion Diamond Dallas
      Page and his wife/Nitro Girl Kimberly will be on "Hollywood Squares"
      starting on November 1st till November 5th. Also Kimberly will be a
      guest on Dinner and a Movie on Friday, October 30. The featured movie is
      "Earth Girls are Easy." The show airs at 8:05 p.m. on TBS. Also, DDP
      will shoot a segment for a Cartoon Network Space Ghost special. The air
      date has yet to be announced. (sCt)

      > HART TRAGEDY RE-EXAMINED
      By Glenn Cole, Toronto Sun
      - The tragic death of Calgary wrestling star Owen Hart still lingers in
      the minds of many fans. On Wednesday, the TVO network will revisit the
      tragedy at 10 p.m. with The View From Here, The Life and Death of Owen
      Hart. The program brings viewers close to the legendary Hart wrestling
      family and examines its youngest member's hopes and dreams, dashed by
      his fatal fall in Kansas City on May 23.

      Through interviews with his family, co-workers and friends, you will get
      to know how special Hart was to them. This is not a flashy, brash
      production. It is beauty and simplicity and the inclusion of some home
      videos adds an folksy touch. The film was produced and directed by Paul
      Jay and Sally Blake for High Road Productions, the same group that
      delivered the acclaimed Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows, which
      chronicled Bret Hart's sudden and bitter departure from the WWF. The
      documentary on Owen is shorter (50 minutes), but it is well worth a
      look. If you can't see the show on Wednesday, it will be repeated
      Sunday, Nov. 7 at midnight; Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. and Nov. 19 at 3 p.m. on
      TVO. The U.S. Arts & Entertainment network also will air the show on
      Nov. 16 at 8 p.m.

      > TORRIE WILSON MESSAGE
      - From torriewilson.com: "Hey there! Well, I am just lovin' the new
      writers on WCW...they have got it goin' on! I have been training for a
      marathon coming up here in a few weeks and have started to wonder what I
      am getting myself into! This is gonna be a lot harder than I had
      anticipated, but even if it takes me 67 hours to finish it, I will! I
      have got a couple shoots scheduled in the next few weeks as well as
      interviews for some websites and magazines..so stay tuned and I will
      keep you up to date on what's going on! I went out to a Halloween party
      last night, and have been procrastinating leaving the house this morning
      to head for the gym...guess I should get goin'! Have a good one!"

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1999 Wrestling-Online