    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2013

      Monday, October 7, 2013 Issue #4014

      The ending of the Battleground pay-per-view was beyond bad. If I actually
      paid to see it, I would have requested a refund. No doubt. I expect
      finishes like that on RAW and other television shows, but when someone
      drops that amount of money, I want a proper ending, something worth the
      $45.

      Yes, that money isn't only for the main event but for the whole thing. But
      you market your pay-per-view based on your main event. Your main event is
      the one that sells and the main event should have a proper finish.

      It's particularly bad because after the last pay-per-view, they vacated
      the title, which meant the finish of the main event was eventually wiped
      out. So to have two shows in a row with a non-finish, it's, well, stupid.

      You know the saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on
      me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view tanks in
      terms of buyrate. They would totally deserve it.

      > BATTLEGROUND PPV RESULTS
      - Here are the results from last night's Battleground pay-per-view which
      took place from the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York. Dolph
      Ziggler defeated Damien Sandow in the Kickoff match prior to the PPV;
      Alberto Del Rio defeated Rob Van Dam in a hardcore rules match to retain
      the World Heavyweight title; The Real Americans defeated Great Khali and
      Santino Marella; Curtis Axel defeated R-Truth to retain the
      Intercontinental title; AJ Lee defeated Brie Bella to retain the Divas
      title; Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to
      regain their WWE jobs; Bray Wyatt defeated Kofi Kingston; CM Punk defeated
      Ryback; Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton finished in a no contest after Big
      Show interfered and knocked out everyone.

      > POWER OUTAGE AT ARENA KILLS PAY-PER-VIEW FEED
      - The First Niagara Center - the site of last night's Battleground
      pay-per-view - suffered a power outage right before the main event of
      Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton was about to go on the air. The power outage
      resulted in the pay-per-view feed getting cut off leaving hundreds of

      thousands of viewers staring at a blank screen just as the video package
      for Orton vs Bryan was about to end. The outage went on for a few minutes
      with different PPV providers displaying their own temporary message until
      power was restored. When the power eventually came on and the PPV link was
      restored, WWE announcer Justin Roberts was ready in the ring to introduce
      the main event as Cole apologized for the cut off while Lawler and JBL
      cracked jokes about whose fault was it.

      > ROB VAN DAM TAKING TIME OFF FROM WWE
      - Rob Van Dam will be off television for a few months after this week as
      his current contract allows him to work three months at a time and then
      take a break for as long as he wants according to PWInsider.com. WWE.COM
      is also running a story saying that RVD could be having "second thoughts"
      about his return, after failing to win the title and missing out on the
      Money In The Bank briefcase and would be taking some time off. When Van
      Dam returns, he will be on screens for another 90 days, most likely now
      returning for the Royal Rumble and in time to collect a WrestleMania
      paycheck. RVD made his return at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view after
      wrapping up his TNA duties.

      > SPORTS LEGACY INSTITUTE TO HONOR WWE AT IMPACT AWARDS
      - The Sports Legacy Institute - a non-profit organization co founded by
      former WWE Superstar Chris Nowinski - will be honoring WWE at the 6th
      annual SLI Impact Awards. SLI will recognize WWE for their commitment to
      solve concussions and their $1.2 million donation to the organization
      which will allow SLI to launch a new research program led by Dr. Ann McKee
      and Dr. Lee Goldstein aimed at developing a treatment for chronic
      traumatic encephalopathy. The awards will be held on Wednesday, October 23
      at the Boston Harbor Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts. In 2007, the Sports
      Legacy Institute examined the brain of Chris Benoit and two years later
      they also did tests on Andrew "Test" Martin's brain, both of which showed
      results of CTE - chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

      > MATT HARDY GETS MARRIED
      - Former WWE and TNA Superstar Matt Hardy got married over the weekend to
      his fiancé Rebecca Reyes, better known as Reby Sky, somewhere in the
      middle of the woods in North Carolina. "Today is a celebration of life.
      It's exciting as friends & family start to arrive at BCR.. A new chapter
      of my life is about to begin," Hardy wrote on his Twitter. The duo
      encouraged their guests to take as much photos and tweet them with the
      hashtag "skyhard." Several former colleagues of Matt Hardy were present
      for the wedding including his brother Jeff, MVP, Shane Helms, Steve Corino
      and others. Congratulations to the new couple!