    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2013

      Wednesday, September 4, 2013 Issue #3997

      The newly updated W-O News app for Android has been submitted for approval
      to the Amazon Appstore. It will be a free update for those who have it
      installed already or 99 cents for new customers. It usually take a few
      days to get it approved and available on the store. You can see five
      screenshots of the updated app on our Facebook page at
      http://www.facebook.com/wrestlingonline

      > GENERAL MANAGER FOR WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER APPOINTED
      - WWE announced today that it has appointed David Bailey as General
      Manager of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Bailey, who
      previously served as General Manager of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey
      Blue Unit at Feld Entertainment, will report directly to WWE's Senior Vice
      President of Talent Relations and Development, Jane Geddes. As General
      Manager of the Performance Center, Bailey will oversee the day-to-day
      operations of the 26,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility, and will
      work with WWE senior executives to manage the development of the NXT
      Superstars training at the Center. In addition, Bailey will work with WWE
      executives to enhance WWE's relationship with Full Sail University as well
      as other key partners in the Central Florida region.

      > CHRISTIAN SUFFERING FROM CONCUSSION
      - WWE.COM is reporting that former World Heavyweight champion Christian
      has suffered a concussion on the August 26 edition of Monday Night RAW in
      his match against Randy Orton. "We've pulled him out of all activity. His
      ImPACT scores are normal, but he's still having some symptoms of fogginess
      and cloudiness," said WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann. Christian is heading
      to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, this week to carry out
      some in-ring tests and will be cleared to return depending on the outcome
      of the tests.

      > ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2014 PRE-SALE INFORMATION
      - The pre-sale for the 2014 WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view started
      yesterday and will end on September 6 at 10PM CST. Fans who want to
      purchase tickets now can head over to AXS.COM and use the password
      CHAMBER. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday, December
      14, at 10AM CST. Ticket prices range from $27 to $327 for ringside plus
      additional fees. Elimination Chamber will take place at the Target Center
      in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Sunday, February 23, 2014.

      > TOTAL DIVAS EPISODE 6 RATING
      - Episode 6 of Total Divas which was titled Diva Las Vegas drew a total of
      1,527,000 viewers, adding 67,000 viewers from episode 5. It's the second
      highest episode of the show so far, with episode 3 still the most-watched
      episode with 1.67 million viewers. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media
      Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > SPORTSCASTER NAME-CHECKS 31 WRESTLERS IN FOOTBALL TV REPORT
      - Louisville-based WHAS11 sportscaster Adam Lefkoe made an unexpected
      television report on the Louisville Cardinals season opener game,
      name-checking 31 wrestling greats in six minutes while going over what
      happened. Names such as Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Honky Tonk Man,
      Rockers, Koko B. Ware, Iron Sheik, Doink, Dude Love, Million Dollar Man,
      Ric Flair, Adrian Adonis, and others, were all included in the report as
      his script flowed seamlessly from one note to another. After the video
      report was done - called Wrestlecast - his co-anchor was pretty much
      speechless, but made one very important observation!
      "You didn't have Hulk Hogan in there," she said laughing. After the
      weather report wrapped up, Lefkoe had a nWo-spray painted WCW championship
      belt on his shoulder and gave it to his female co-anchor after she "earned
      it" for pointing out that he missed Hogan. The video is going viral and is
      already at over 80,000 hits on YouTube. It was done pretty cleverly and
      you can check it out at http://w-o.it/1fzf7oW