    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013

      Monday, August 26, 2013 Issue #3992

      Hey yo! It's been pretty slow the past few days when it comes to relevant
      news so that's why we have been MIA.

      > REY MYSTERIO MAKES APPEARANCE AT NON-TELEVISED EVENT
      - Former World Heavyweight champion Rey Mysterio made an appearance at the
      non-televised live WWE event in Fresno, California, on Friday night.
      Mysterio announced that he should be cleared to return to the ring in
      September, six months after he was sidelined with a knee injury and
      written out of television after Mark Henry attacked him. Ironically
      enough, Mysterio was saved by Big Show and Mark Henry during the Fresno
      appearance after The Shield tried to attack him.

      > TED DIBIASE LEAVES WWE
      - Former WWE tag team champion Ted DiBiase has posted a video on YouTube
      announcing that he has decided to leave the WWE. "I have decided not to
      re-sign with WWE and renew my contract," DiBiase said in the self-shot
      video. He called it bittersweet but it's something personal and it's the
      best decision for him and his family right now. He said that there are
      other dreams he wants to pursue, one of them being a dad, and with the
      life wrestlers have he couldn't do it. DiBiase said that while in the WWE
      had amazing life experiences, traveling the world, wrestling at
      WrestleMania, filming a movie, etc., calling it living the dream. He said
      this will not be forever, but wanted to let the fans know that he's going
      to miss everyone and say thank you for everything the fans did for him and
      say thank you to WWE for the opportunity.

      > GOLDBERG WANTS TAKER OR AUSTIN AS POSSIBLE OPPONENTS AT WRESTLEMANIA
      - Speaking to the Miami Herald, former WCW and World Heavyweight champion
      Bill Goldberg said that he has not spoken to WWE recently and won't be at
      WrestleMania, but then again things can change. "Am I going to WWE to be
      at WrestleMania? No, but there is eight months until WrestleMania,"
      Goldberg said. "So, at this moment, I can tell you I'm not planning to be
      there by any stretch of the imagination, but you never know. Things could
      change." Regarding possible opponents, Goldberg shot down the idea of
      wrestling Ryback saying an offer to go there and wrestle Ryback and put
      him over wouldn't be the "ultimate opponent of my choosing." Later in the
      interview, Goldberg said he had more talent in one finger than "that punk
      has in his entire body." He name-checked the Undertaker, adding that it's
      never been done before and also Steve Austin, calling it a dream match.
      "But the reality is I just want to give the people what they want to see."
      Goldberg's last match for WWE was also at WrestleMania, a forgettable
      match against Brock Lesnar in Madison Square Garden where Goldberg came
      out with the victory, only to eat a Stone Cold Stunner from the special
      guest referee Steve Austin.

      > GOLDBERG SPEARS CATCHER AT BASEBALL GAME
      - The Miami Marlins baseball team celebrated a "Legends of Wrestling"
      night at the Marlins Ballpark this past Saturday during the victory over
      the Colorado Rockies. Among those appearing were Bret Hart, Greg
      Valentine, Jimmy Hart, and Goldberg. Goldberg did the ceremonial first
      pitch prior to the game and then decided to go a little back in time and
      spear the catcher. The catcher - who appeared to be a trained professional
      wrestler - was talking smack to the cameraman when out of nowhere the
      former WCW champion speared him and landed hard on the grass selling the
      move like there's no tomorrow. You can see the clip at
      http://w-o.it/18fHsga