    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013

      Wednesday, August 21, 2013 Issue #3990

      We hit issue #4000 in two weeks or so. Not too bad, don't you think?

      > JOHN CENA UNDERGOES ELBOW SURGERY
      - John Cena successfully underwent surgery to repair his torn triceps and
      elbow under the care of Dr. Andrews, who Cena called "miracle man" in a
      post on Twitter. "Surgery went very well. Dr. Andrews has more than done
      his part, now I will do mine," Cena said, saying that thanks to him and
      Dr. Andrews' staff he will be back soon. Cena signed off for now during
      Monday Night RAW this week, saying he will be out for up to six months
      while he heals his body and repair his ever-growing elbow. He acknowledged
      that the crowd was "rough" for his farewell address but he wouldn't have
      it any other way.

      > SANTA CLARA AND PHILADELPHIA FIGHT FOR WRESTLEMANIA 31
      - The San Jose Mercury News is reporting that Santa Clara is battling
      Philadelphia to host WrestleMania in 2015. Officials from the San
      Francisco 49ers as well as Mayor Jamie Matthews are flying to Stamford,
      Connecticut, next week to meet WWE and others to discuss the bid. If Santa
      Clara gets WrestleMania, the brand new Levi's Stadium would be the host of
      the show, with the plan to temporary expand the seating up to 75,000 from
      the 68,500. "It really is the wrestling world's Super Bowl," said the
      Mayor on Tuesday. "Like the NFL championship game, the first WrestleMania
      ever in Northern California would be something that will benefit the
      cities around us economically and cement our preeminence as a sports
      capital here."

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW this week did 4,298,000 viewers, up slightly from last
      week's 4,111,000 total viewers. It did a 3.24 rating. Hour one pulled in
      4,076,000 viewers, followed by 4,485,000 in the second and then 4,333,000
      in the third and final hour. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research
      and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > HUFFINGTON POST CANADA LOOKS AT HOGAN'S EXPO APPEARANCE
      - W-O reader Francis Lalonde sent in word that Huffington Post Canada is
      carrying an article which has a Q&A with Hulk Hogan promoting his upcoming
      Hulk Hogan: Uncensored show which will happen at the Metro Toronto
      Convention Center's John Bassett Theatre this Friday. This will be Hogan's
      first time doing a Q&A as part of the Fan Expo in Canada. "There's been
      this crazy love affair between me and all my Toronto Hulkamaniacs," Hogan
      told the reporter who pointed out that it's his first appearance at a
      convention in Canada. Hogan called his match against The Rock at
      WrestleMania 18 as one of the biggest moments of his life, mainly because
      on that day, "fans made a huge statement: no one can ever tell them who to
      like and who to hate." That night in Toronto, the Canadian crowd went
      crazy for Hogan even though he was supposed to be the heel as part of the
      nWo. The Q&A session at the expo will be moderated by Hogan's close friend
      and business partner Eric Bischoff. You can read the interview at
      http://huff.to/1f0n0Uh.