    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19 1:38 PM

      Monday, August 19, 2013 Issue #3988

      If you haven't watched SummerSlam, try and at least watch CM Punk vs Brock
      Lesnar. What a great match. To be Lesnar's size and go for that long and
      not gas out (visibly, at least) is simply unbelievable. Punk certainly
      brought out the best of Lesnar as it was his best match in years. And Paul
      Heyman did his bit too. Amazing match.

      > DANIEL BRYAN WINSŠAND LOSES TO RANDY ORTON AT SUMMERSLAM
      - Here are the results from last night¹s SummerSlam pay-per-view which
      took place at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California. Rob Van Dam
      defeated Dean Ambrose via disqualification in the Kickoff match; Bray
      Wyatt defeated Kane in a Ring of Fire match; Cody Rhodes defeated Damien
      Sandow; Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to retain the World Heavyweight
      title; Natalya defeated Brie Bella; Brock Lesnar defeated CM Punk in a no
      disqualification match; Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn defeated Big E Langston
      and AJ Lee; Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena to win the WWE title but Randy
      Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank and won the title after Triple H hit
      the Pedigree on Daniel Bryan.

      > ORTON IN DOUBLE-DIGIT TITLE REIGNS
      - With his win at SummerSlam yesterday night, Randy Orton became a seven
      time WWE champion in addition to the three World Heavyweight title reigns,
      joining Superstars such as Triple H, John Cena, The Rock, and others who
      have double-digit world title reigns. Orton won the WWE title after he
      received some help from his former Evolution partner Triple H who just
      finished refereeing the Cena vs Bryan match minutes before. Orton's
      seventh WWE title win was probably his easiest, never landing a finger on
      Daniel Bryan since Triple H did all the work by blindsiding Bryan and
      giving him the Pedigree. The Viper has to be careful however as he is
      already on two strikes with the company's Wellness Program. He was
      punished for 60 days back in mid 2012 and missed the RAW 1000th episode
      which took place from his own home town. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson even
      sent a congratulatory tweet to Orton following his win. "Congrats my #WWE
      family for a helluva #SummerSlam. The boys (and gals) worked their asses
      off. Congrats @RandyOrton new @WWE Champ! #Viper," Johnson tweeted.

      > ALBERTO DEL RIO GETS INTO A FIGHT BEFORE SUMMERSLAM
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Alberto Del Rio got into a real fight
      the night before SummerSlam in an Irish pub which is why he was sporting a
      bruised face during his match at the pay-per-view. The site, getting the
      news from different sources, said that Del Rio got into it with a frequent
      visitor to the pub and his friends jumped in and attacked the World
      Heavyweight champion. Del Rio was not alone and was accompanied by Drew
      McIntyre, who also apparently got his ass handed to him by the patrons. It
      doesn't matter how big and strong you are, once you're outnumbered, all
      bets are off!

      > FLAIR'S BEHAVIOR LANDS HIM IN HOT WATER DURING SUMMERSLAM WEEKEND
      - Ric Flair had a little too much of extra fun during the SummerSlam
      weekend, landing him in hot water for being, well, just the Nature Boy as
      always. Flair was in Los Angeles to help WWE promote the WWE 2K14 video
      game and his involvement in the panel which was hosted by JR raised a few
      eyebrows and gave WWE management some headaches as well. The two-time WWE
      Hall of Famer was said to be drunk and his alcohol levels contributed to
      some funny stories and words which should have never been said. WWE
      management were so annoyed about it that Flair was eventually pulled out
      from participating in another WWE 2K14 event. The Nature Boy is said to be
      close to be given another job with WWE as an ambassador however his usual
      behavior might have caused an obstacle this time around.

      > REDDIT WWE PPV LEAKER STRIKES (SORT OF) AGAIN
      - The Reddit user who has been correctly predicting every single WWE
      pay-per-view match result since the Elimination Chamber PPV in February
      didn't post the spoilers for all the matches for SummerSlam, but correctly
      predicted three matches that he decided to post. Before the Kane/Wyatt,
      Punk/Lesnar, and Del Rio/Christian matches, the 'Dolphins1925' Reddit user
      posted the results of the matches on the Squared Circle Reddit board,
      making 41 consecutive correct guesses since February. The user said that
      his source told him that multiple scripts existed for the whole card,
      including different outcomes of the main event which Vince McMahon changed
      during the day. He claimed that WWE is trying to do everything to ensure
      he doesn't go "undefeated again." Joey Styles, who heads up WWE's digital
      services, made reference to the user in a tweet he posted after the show.
      "What a @WWE #SummerSlam! @WWEDanielBryan was caught in a web of deception
      like a dolphin caught in a fishing net."