    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2013

      Friday, August 16, 2013 Issue #3986

      Nothing to say today, enjoy the weekend!

      > DARREN YOUNG APPEARS ON NBC'S TODAY SHOW
      - Darren Young was on the Today Show to talk about coming out at the Los
      Angeles airport while he was being interviewed by TMZ. "I felt like it was
      the right place and right time," Young said, adding that he had been
      suppressing his feelings for so long and he just wants to be happy. When
      he was asked if he was afraid about being outed by someone in the locker
      room, he said he was terrified but he has received unbelievable support,
      and yesterday he talked to Vince and Stephanie McMahon along with Triple
      H. Young expects to get a "mixed reaction" when he steps into the ring the
      first time as the first openly gay wrestler in the WWE. "At the end of the
      day I want to be a role model for people who are afraid to come out,"
      Young added, noting that he wants to help out by speaking at events and
      share his story which goes beyond being gay. He revealed that he was often
      bullied as a kid and also had a speech impediment that didn't help the
      situation. He said he got the help that he needed and is now living the
      dream, being in love and wrestling for the WWE. You can watch the
      interview at http://w-o.it/17S7ZzS . Meanwhile, WWE Chairman and CEO Vince
      McMahon also publicly supported Young with a message on Twitter. "I
      respect @DarrenYoungWWE's decision to come out and am happy to see the
      support from the WWE Universe."

      > BROCK LESNAR TALKS WITH LA TIMES
      - Former WWE and UFC champion Brock Lesnar did a very rare media interview
      with the Los Angeles Times to promote this weekend's SummerSlam
      pay-per-view. In the interview, Lesnar said that he missed fighting in the
      UFC but described what he went through the last few years as traumatic. "I
      got back on the horse way too soon. Coulda, shoulda, woulda," Lesnar said,
      adding that that chapter in his life is now closed and he's comfortable
      with it. His retirement from mixed martial arts led him to another run
      with the WWE and Lesnar said that the UFC boosted his brand enough to give
      him leverage in contract negotiations with the WWE to allow him to have
      plenty time off between appearances. "I think I've earned all that. That
      was the only way I could make this happen," Lesnar said. He said he does
      enjoy putting on a show and says it's hopefully a win-win situation for
      both parties. Lesnar said that with his new contract extension he will be
      "in at least a couple more WrestleManias." You can read the full story at
      lat.ms/1cGJb62.

      > WWE HOLDS SUPERSTARS FOR HOPE PARTY
      - WWE along with E! Entertainment hosted the Superstars For Hope party
      yesterday at the Beverly Hills Hotel, a fundraising initiative to support
      Make-A-Wish. Practically the whole WWE roster attended the event along
      with celebrities such as Vanessa Hudgens, Christina Milian, Omarosa
      Manigault, Piers Morgan, Ashley Bell, Travis Barker and others. Former WWE
      Superstars and Divas like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Maryse and Eve Torres
      also attended the event. The fund raising initiative was launched on July
      22 with Omaze.com where fans could donate $10 for Make-A-Wish in return of
      having a chance to win WWE prizes including with an all-expenses-paid trip
      to WrestleMania XXX. You can see almost 40 photos from yesterday's red
      carpet arrival at http://w-o.it/14jOLlv

      > BULLY RAY WINS TNA TITLE FOR SECOND TIME
      - Bully Ray became a two-time TNA World champion yesterday after he
      defeated Chris Sabin in the main event of the Hardcore Justice Impact
      yesterday night. As Sabin was about to walk out of the cage, Mr Anderson
      slammed the cage door in Sabin's face but Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz
      ran out with Jackson throwing Anderson off the ramp way. With his head
      turn away from Ortiz, the former UFC champion - and who will fight Jackson
      for real in November on Bellator - whacked him with a hammer as Sabin
      looked on. Bully Ray recovered and hit a massive power bomb on Sabin,
      covering for the three count and the win. After the match was over, Ray
      celebrated in the ring with Ortiz and Taz. You can see the final four
      minutes of the match at http://w-o.it/1abtBgK